Featured Posts
rsrangel
If homeschooling became illegal....
March 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
...what would you do?

Replies

• somuchlove4U
    March 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    We've talked about this. We would go off the grid.
  • debramommyof4
    March 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I agree. My 7 year old would die if I told her she had to go back to public school.  We would maybe move to a country that did allow it but if not we would disappear.

Quoting somuchlove4U:

We've talked about this. We would go off the grid.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM

It wouldn't happen over night so as soon as I knew it was going to happen I would order my kids diplomas because the way the law is written in my state (Texas) it is up to the parent to decide when a child is ready to graduate (no age restriction or testing required) & I am pretty sure they would have to grandfather clause all past homeschool graduates, so as long as they have diplomas that are dated before it becomes illegal they would be safe. If for some reason that plan doesn't work we would go off grid.

• Rust.n.Gears
    March 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    I would leave the country. We are already discussing this.
  • Rust.n.Gears
    March 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Great freaking idea ! I can do this too in Massachusetts.

Quoting usmom3:

It wouldn't happen over night so as soon as I knew it was going to happen I would order my kids diplomas because the way the law is written in my state (Texas) it is up to the parent to decide when a child is ready to graduate (no age restriction or testing required) & I am pretty sure they would have to grandfather clause all past homeschool graduates, so as long as they have diplomas that are dated before it becomes illegal they would be safe. If for some reason that plan doesn't work we would go off grid.

• AutymsMommy
    March 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Catholic school

• rsrangel
    March 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    What country are you thinking?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I would leave the country. We are already discussing this.

• katinahat
    March 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

We would put her in the best school that we could find. Magnet, charter, private, whatever. We would find the best school we can and put her in it.

• Bluecalm
    March 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Find the best school for him and spend lots of time volunteering there.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    March 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Illegal across the board? Illegal under some circumstances? Is this theoretical or based upon the fears of the common core? I need more information. LOL

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts