Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
blueyedbaker
Spring break do you take off?
March 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM

If you don't go on vacation over Spring break do you take any time off? I am letting my girls have off the first week of April. That's when the PS has off and my girls will be able to have a couple sleep overs and visit with some friends from PS.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We unschool so it always looks like we are on break even when we are deep into a subject.

• locomomma3196
    March 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

oh yeah we love taking this time to sleep in, roast marshmallows, and generally just chill out.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Um, we will see how it goes. We will probably hang out with our ps friends during their break.
  • rsrangel
    March 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM

We don't have the money this year, but next year when I'm working we're thinking about letting them go to one of the local spring break camps during that week.  We have TONS of them in our area for everything imagianable....fishing, horses, art, science, marine life, swimming, surfing.   

• Pukalani79
    March 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

We take time off as we need to, rather than go by a set schedule.  We may plan a quick trip to the coast or something but probably wont take the whole week off.

• RockEducation
    March 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM

We just finished up school for the day. For spring break/Easter, we are off until Monday, April 1st. We are going to my Mom's for grilled T-Bones and an Easter egg hunt. Should be a good time.

• Aleshad01
    March 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    We are taking off the first week in April
  • coala
    by coala
    March 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM

The local PS schools are out today and all of next week.  We are taking the week after b/c we are having company from out of state.  The 2nd week of April we will be on vacation in SC and take a trip to NC to visit some family.  We will then hit the GA aquarium while we are in SC....it is only a 2 hour drive from where we will be staying.  We will be gone about 8 or 9 days.  As soon as we get back we will have 2 field trips that week and have to purchase new curriculum.  Our kids will be doing some work while we are gone....it won't be a full load every day, but it will be enough to keep up with what they need to do.

Our vacation this year is go check out property b/c we are planning on moving as soon as we can find a suitable place.

• gacgbaker
    March 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We will do a light load but not take off since we have had other weeks we have taken off due to illiness and a death in the family we had to travel for.  

• Mindy8
    by Mindy8
    March 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Even when I don't "plan" to take off when the public schools are off - we usually end up taking a lot of time off anyway.  It is tough when they have friends in school so I feel guilty if I do not accomodate them.  Of course this year I mentioned to my husband that we probably should not take it off because we have been slackers lately.  He just chuckled! Ooops

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts