Homeschooling Moms

blueyedbaker
Spring break do you take off?
March 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM

If you don't go on vacation over Spring break do you take any time off? I am letting my girls have off the first week of April. That's when the PS has off and my girls will be able to have a couple sleep overs and visit with some friends from PS.

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    March 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We sort of take off.  We double up on their work the week before and we take off Maundy Thursday through Monday because we keep a vigil at our church.  We take 5 hours Thursday Night and 5 Hours Saturday Night and have some extra sleep time in between (we have a family of five and so its fun to take them altogether instead of one-with-God like we are "supposed to.")

• blueyedbaker
    March 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Wow you are going to be very busy! I hope you enjoy your vacation!
    Quoting coala:

The local PS schools are out today and all of next week.  We are taking the week after b/c we are having company from out of state.  The 2nd week of April we will be on vacation in SC and take a trip to NC to visit some family.  We will then hit the GA aquarium while we are in SC....it is only a 2 hour drive from where we will be staying.  We will be gone about 8 or 9 days.  As soon as we get back we will have 2 field trips that week and have to purchase new curriculum.  Our kids will be doing some work while we are gone....it won't be a full load every day, but it will be enough to keep up with what they need to do.

Our vacation this year is go check out property b/c we are planning on moving as soon as we can find a suitable place.

• blueyedbaker
    March 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I feel so bad because we can take any time off we want so what I try to do is keep track of the PS vacations and then I make sure my girls have off because the calls always come asking if they can have a sleep over.
    Quoting Mindy8:

Even when I don't "plan" to take off when the public schools are off - we usually end up taking a lot of time off anyway.  It is tough when they have friends in school so I feel guilty if I do not accomodate them.  Of course this year I mentioned to my husband that we probably should not take it off because we have been slackers lately.  He just chuckled! Ooops

• hipmomto3
    March 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Our local spring break starts tomorrow. We are not doing anything differently except no co-op. We may get together with some public school friends later in the week, but we always finish school by lunchtime, so it won't make any difference.

We are taking a family vacation in mid-April. That will be our real spring break!
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

we dont take a spring break, since we stop homeschooling in may and start up again in sept

sounds like your girls are gona have fun!!!

Homeschooling Moms