Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
blueyedbaker
Spring break do you take off?
March 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM

If you don't go on vacation over Spring break do you take any time off? I am letting my girls have off the first week of April. That's when the PS has off and my girls will be able to have a couple sleep overs and visit with some friends from PS.

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    March 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We sort of take off.  We double up on their work the week before and we take off Maundy Thursday through Monday because we keep a vigil at our church.  We take 5 hours Thursday Night and 5 Hours Saturday Night and have some extra sleep time in between (we have a family of five and so its fun to take them altogether instead of one-with-God like we are "supposed to.")

• blueyedbaker
    March 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Wow you are going to be very busy! I hope you enjoy your vacation!
    Quoting coala:

The local PS schools are out today and all of next week.  We are taking the week after b/c we are having company from out of state.  The 2nd week of April we will be on vacation in SC and take a trip to NC to visit some family.  We will then hit the GA aquarium while we are in SC....it is only a 2 hour drive from where we will be staying.  We will be gone about 8 or 9 days.  As soon as we get back we will have 2 field trips that week and have to purchase new curriculum.  Our kids will be doing some work while we are gone....it won't be a full load every day, but it will be enough to keep up with what they need to do.

Our vacation this year is go check out property b/c we are planning on moving as soon as we can find a suitable place.

• blueyedbaker
    March 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I feel so bad because we can take any time off we want so what I try to do is keep track of the PS vacations and then I make sure my girls have off because the calls always come asking if they can have a sleep over.
    Quoting Mindy8:

Even when I don't "plan" to take off when the public schools are off - we usually end up taking a lot of time off anyway.  It is tough when they have friends in school so I feel guilty if I do not accomodate them.  Of course this year I mentioned to my husband that we probably should not take it off because we have been slackers lately.  He just chuckled! Ooops

• hipmomto3
    March 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Our local spring break starts tomorrow. We are not doing anything differently except no co-op. We may get together with some public school friends later in the week, but we always finish school by lunchtime, so it won't make any difference.

We are taking a family vacation in mid-April. That will be our real spring break!
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

we dont take a spring break, since we stop homeschooling in may and start up again in sept

sounds like your girls are gona have fun!!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts