Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
locomomma3196
hello
March 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM

hello, I'm Jess and am now homeschooling my 7 yr old son. I'm in need of good advice, so please share any tricks of the trade. Thanks.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Welcome!

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Was he in public school? Sometimes, kids need to deschool for a bit before homeschooling can really take off. How does he feel about staying home?

• locomomma3196
    March 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM

yes he was in public school, and he is overjoyed that he is at home. I had never thought about deschooling for a period of time. We dove rite in and were loving it, but for the first time sense December I am dreaming of yellow buses.

• kirbymom
    March 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Hi Jess!  Welcome to the group!  :)  

Have you looked into your states homeschool laws yet? Something else you should consider is your son 's learning style.  How does he learn?  Are you wanting to buy a fully put together curriculum or piece it together or would you like to make your own?  

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I think everyone dreams about them on bad days. LOL

Quoting locomomma3196:

yes he was in public school, and he is overjoyed that he is at home. I had never thought about deschooling for a period of time. We dove rite in and were loving it, but for the first time sense December I am dreaming of yellow buses.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the group. Deschooling is a great way to transition, if you are having a tough time right now maybe try a little relaxed schooling to get through the rough patch (we all have them don't let a little hard time convince you that it isn't working).

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

welcome jess!!!!!!

what are you usinbg to homeschool with? how does your son like it? how do you like it?

• debramommyof4
    March 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hi Jess.  Welcome.  I am homeschooling my 7 year old dd.  Where are you that will help with laws?  With my dd I know breaks and not doing to much in a day that is book work helps.  She loves hands on stuff and stuff on the computer.

• romacox
    by romacox
    March 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Welcome Jess.  As a home school workshop leader, I put together a free web page to answer questions like yours.  Please see the following free web page.

How To Home School

• locomomma3196
    March 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi Jess!  Welcome to the group!  :)  

Have you looked into your states homeschool laws yet? Something else you should consider is your son 's learning style.  How does he learn?  Are you wanting to buy a fully put together curriculum or piece it together or would you like to make your own?  

We are here in Texas so there are not many laws regarding how we hs. River is excited to be at home and says he cant believe how much time they wasted at school. As far as curriculum gos i am just putting things together on my own for now, but am looking for a full curriculum for 2 grade. River is a very intelligent high energy boy, he loves math and anything number or pattern related.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts