Homeschooling Moms

QueenCreole313
Single moms?
March 21, 2013 at 5:24 AM
I'm curious if anyone else is currently in a similar situation. Are you a single/separated mom? How do you cope with your endless responsibilities? How often do you have time for yourself if ever? Please share.

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM

i use to be a single/divorced mom when i first started homeschooling

how i coped with responsibilities, well i knew these were my kids(4) and i wasnt gona let them down like their father did, i did what i had to do to make a fun and happy life for them, as for time for my self well at night i could sometimes(if i wasnt to tired!) read a book, etc, but mostly just incorprated all the kids into what i liked to do, i never missed time for myself at all, i figured i'd have time for myself when the kids were grown and married, which is how it is! i'd never give up those single years, we had a blast!

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I was a single mom when my oldest was one. I'm not sure if it really counts, though. I started seeing my hubby fairly quick. He and I had been friends for several years.

• kirbymom
    March 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

BUMP!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I was a single parent for the first 5 1/2 years but we didn't homeschool then. My parents helped me raise my oldest until I meet & married my Hubby.

• blueyedbaker
    March 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I have never been a single mom but have a few friends that are. I think that they are so strong to do what they are doing...alone. Even though they have friends and family to help they are doing the every day stuff alone and it takes a lot of strength to do that.

• coala
    by coala
    March 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I am not a single mom, but I sure feel like it.  I have responsibilities coming out of my ears.  My boss has made it so that I get a day out of my house once a month.  I drive the 75 min to the office and work and then she takes me to a late lunch and to get a pedicure.  That is my "alone" time.  Not to alone if you ask me, but definitely worth the break I get.  I try to steal time here and there once the kids are in bed.

• irvinehiker
    April 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I am a single mom and have been for going on 9 years now, 5 of those years I have been homeschooling.  Umm...I'm not sure how I balance it all.  I guess after this long I've learned how to be organized and have a good routine down.  My kids are getting older now so they are able to help with household chores.  One thing I've learned is that I have to take time for myself every day.  That is just as important as housework and school.  

Homeschooling Moms