Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Amanda_Jo1209
Printers
March 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

As soon as I get my taxes back I am going to be getting us a printer to print stuff off for the kiddos to do. What printer would you recommend? I am looking for something that is all-in-one (printer, scanner, copier) and wireless would be awesome!!! Thank you ladies.

Replies

• Amanda_Jo1209
    March 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

bump

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    I have a cannon that is an all in one, but it is so old that I can't find the ink cartridges easily unless I want recycled ones. So if you want a long living one I can tell you the cannon has lasted longer then all my other printers did.
  • CowgirlMama0508
    March 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    I just bought the Kodak hero 4.2. It's awesome! I've printed off around 300 pages (both b&w and color) on the cartridges that came with it and they are still half full. I love it. It's a all in one and wireless :)
  • Amanda_Jo1209
    April 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I cannot find it anywhere!!! I've been doing research and looking up reviews on printers then I remembered this post so I looked the Kodak up and there isn't anyone selling it lol

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

I just bought the Kodak hero 4.2. It's awesome! I've printed off around 300 pages (both b&w and color) on the cartridges that came with it and they are still half full. I love it. It's a all in one and wireless :)

• mamacornias
    April 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Do not get Lexmark you can't refill the cartridges.

• armygirl16
    April 7, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I have an HP.  The cartridges aren't too expensive (black ink is like $12.99 and color is $15 I believe).  I like it. I have had it for about a little over 2 years now and I have no need for a new one yet.  

I hated my old Lexmark printer.  There was a seperate cartarage for each color so whenever you needed new ink (black and color) you ended up spending almost $70.  WAY too expensive for me.  Especially with as much as I print! 

• Amanda_Jo1209
    April 7, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    I've been looking at HP and all I've found are the ones with the multiple color cartridges and the reviews all say the paper jams.

Quoting armygirl16:

I have an HP.  The cartridges aren't too expensive (black ink is like $12.99 and color is $15 I believe).  I like it. I have had it for about a little over 2 years now and I have no need for a new one yet.  

I hated my old Lexmark printer.  There was a seperate cartarage for each color so whenever you needed new ink (black and color) you ended up spending almost $70.  WAY too expensive for me.  Especially with as much as I print! 

• tnt-manda
    April 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    I have an hp, I love it..scanner, printer, all in one...don't think it has ever jammed. I bought two yrs ago at wal-mart around $79.00

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

I've been looking at HP and all I've found are the ones with the multiple color cartridges and the reviews all say the paper jams.

Quoting armygirl16:

• armygirl16
    April 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM

I have never had a paper jam in the 2 years I have had it.  I bought it during a black friday sale at Walmart.  I have the HP Deskjet 3050 j610 series.  I love it :)

Quoting Amanda_Jo1209:

Quoting armygirl16:

• TJandKarasMom
    April 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I had an HP and "upgraded" to a kodak.  The HP was pretty great, but I don't think it was wireless (funny that I can't remember, lol).  I like the kodak a lot, it prints great.  Once in a while it refuses to connect wirelessly with the computer and I have to go through the whole set up thing again, that gets annoying when I need to print something now! lol.  Also, I feel like it uses ink pretty fast and the ink is average cost but feels expensive.  I guess it feels expensive because I get it at Sam's Club so either 3 black or 2 color cartridges for around $35, so when I buy both it seems so expensive.  And if I buy both, I then have 5 cartridges and it lasts me about 4 months-but I'm not hsing yet-so I would say cut that in half probably if I was printing lots of work at home for them.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN