Homeschooling Moms

tiredmomfor2
Book Wish List?
March 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

You know that list of books you keep in the back of your mind, or even on an actually list? The list of books your want to eventually get for your kids.
I managed to get our curriculum for less than the budgeted amount this year. So I took the extra money and have been slowly trying to gather some of the books on my list.
This one came today. Have been wanting to get this one for them for a while. They are excited.
Even snagged a good deal on Ebay. :)
What's on your Book Wish List??

Hmmm...now which one to get next...

Replies

• No_Difference
    March 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I've been trying to collect any books by Jon Scieszka, only because I know my kids will read them lol.
    In reality, I have a mile long wish list for books lol.  I'm so glad there are libraries, and ours doesn't charge for late fees!! We'd need a house just for books if  I got all the books on my wish list :)

• tiredmomfor2
    March 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    A house just for books...now that is the dream! ;)
    I owe both of the local libraries at the moment. Lol oops.

Quoting No_Difference:

I've been trying to collect any books by Jon Scieszka, only because I know my kids will read them lol.
    In reality, I have a mile long wish list for books lol.  I'm so glad there are libraries, and ours doesn't charge for late fees!! We'd need a house just for books if  I got all the books on my wish list :)

• debramommyof4
    March 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I want all of the period American Girl Books, The Little House on the Prairie series, to finish up the Magic Tree house series including the Fact checkers, Sarah Plain and Tall, George Washington's Socks, there are more than I can name.

I am with pp on the house for books.  I want one please or at least the library from Beauty and the Beast.

• irvinehiker
    March 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If I made an actual list it would be so long.  I just have a mental list.  Right now we are reading books by Roald Dahl so I would like to have all his books.  

• irvinehiker
    March 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I, too owe my local library.  It seems whenever the books are due there is some huge snowstorm or some other unplanned event.  

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

A house just for books...now that is the dream! ;)
    I owe both of the local libraries at the moment. Lol oops.

Quoting No_Difference:

• rhiannonaisling
    March 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Me too. DH has moved most of my bookcases into the garage...I am only allowed to have a single bookcase in the house that has to house my books, my kids reading and coloring books and my kids school books, as well as any library books! However, he never said anything about closet space so the master bedroom linen closet is also full of books.

However on my wishlist for my kids are anything Star Wars or Star Trek, the Twilight, Harry Potter and Eragon series. And for my youngest the complete Dr. Suess collection and any early readers I can find. Also, all of the original Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books. They also want books on jewelry making, sewing and quilting and crochet.

Quoting No_Difference:

• tiredmomfor2
    March 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    Oh yea..the Beauty and the Beast library is amazing!
    Before it is all said and done there will be at least one bookshelf built into every room in our house.the master bedroom is under construction. 50% of the available wall space is getting covered in book shelves. It is a sickness really. ;)

Quoting debramommyof4:

I want all of the period American Girl Books, The Little House on the Prairie series, to finish up the Magic Tree house series including the Fact checkers, Sarah Plain and Tall, George Washington's Socks, there are more than I can name.

I am with pp on the house for books.  I want one please or at least the library from Beauty and the Beast.

• debramommyof4
    March 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I love to read but curse it everytime our lease is up and we move.  Books are heavy but I would rather have real books than digital.  My hubby does not understand.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Before it is all said and done there will be at least one bookshelf built into every room in our house.the master bedroom is under construction. 50% of the available wall space is getting covered in book shelves. It is a sickness really. ;)

Quoting debramommyof4:

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    March 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I  LOVED that book!

I have quite a few on my wish list on paperback swap. I get many that way, but I finally had to purchase the last few I needed for our next curriculum set (oddly we are finishing up this week so next week will be new!).

• No_Difference
    March 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM

We move often too, and I've "thinned out" my book collection many times because I didn't want to pack and carry all the boxes of books... In the end I think we still have at least 10 boxes of books, maybe more, that we move with!!
    Now that I have my kindle, my hubby is more annoyed with my book obsession lol. If I'm unsure of the book, I get the e-book first. If I liked it a lot, I get the real book and read it again.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I love to read but curse it everytime our lease is up and we move.  Books are heavy but I would rather have real books than digital.  My hubby does not understand.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting debramommyof4:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts