Homeschooling Moms

irvinehiker
What are your favorite summer activities or traditions??
March 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I seriously have almost 2 feet of snow in my front yard, I'm trying to cope by thinking ahead to summer.  One of our favorite things to do is sit on the front porch and eat ice cream together after dinner.  It's nothing fancy, but we enjoy it.  We also like the park, fireworks, and grilling out.

What are your favorite summer activities?

Or do have some special plans for this upcoming summer?

Replies

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    March 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    I was lost at first but once you play on it you figure it out. It's like a idea board but instead of paper it's on the computer. You make a board and then search for something and you can pin it to your board. If they pin a lot of things you like you can choose to follow that board or you can follow all of them. Whenever they pin something new it will show in your feed and you won't have to look for it. The more people you follow the more shows in your feed.
    I hope I didn't confuse you more lol.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I became a follower. I always forget about Pinterest. I'm not really sure how to work it.

Quoting Dawn07:

http://pinterest.com/dawn_p/summer/

This is some of ours. We had done the rock candy also.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

We make a list towards the end of Spring. It's all the stuff we want to do in the summer. I guess it's kind of the same as yours. We only had a few on our list last year because there was so much stuff to do around our house (it was our first full summer in our new house and we finally had grass growing, so the girls just wanted to stay home)

Quoting Dawn07:

I used to work at our library before my first came along, and I would help with the summer program. I would always think its going to be cool when my kids can do this.
    The bucket list is just fun summer things we would like to do. The library is on it, we have playing with water on it. We also have make sidewalk chalk paint on it but we didn't get to that one yet, maybe this summer.
    I'm on my phone right now but later i can post the link to our bucket list for you to look at. I have quite a few things on it.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I always love hearing people talk about using the library. I run the story time twice a week at our local library, and I run the summer reading program. I just started a kids book club, it's an incentive program to get kids reading more. That bucket list sounds interesting. Is it books you and your kids want to read for the summer? If you have a minute I'd like more information.

Quoting Dawn07:

Every year we go to the summer reading program at our library. Last year I started a new tradition of making a summer bucket list.

• Pukalani79
    March 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

We like to go camping, and try to get out to the beach at least once.  We do s'mores and watch for shooting stars.  We'll go to Crater Lake at least once, and hopefully get to do some hiking.  We like to be outside as much as possible.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

yea crater lake is a nice place, we are up there in the area once or twice a year hunting

Quoting Pukalani79:

We like to go camping, and try to get out to the beach at least once.  We do s'mores and watch for shooting stars.  We'll go to Crater Lake at least once, and hopefully get to do some hiking.  We like to be outside as much as possible.

• CJsMommy040506
    March 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    This is me. We go to the pool a few times and pick berries but I hate the temp is over 70. We're in GA, not quite as hot as TX.

Quoting Sekirei:

I like sitting inside and reading. I am not much of a summer person and hate it when it gets hotter than 75. (Which sucks, because I live in Texas right now) 

If I were back home, then I would probably just walk around the city with the kiddo and play in the commons.. 

• blueyedbaker
    March 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    Nope I got it, I should try to get on more. I just have to remember!
    Quoting Dawn07:

I was lost at first but once you play on it you figure it out. It's like a idea board but instead of paper it's on the computer. You make a board and then search for something and you can pin it to your board. If they pin a lot of things you like you can choose to follow that board or you can follow all of them. Whenever they pin something new it will show in your feed and you won't have to look for it. The more people you follow the more shows in your feed.
    I hope I didn't confuse you more lol.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I became a follower. I always forget about Pinterest. I'm not really sure how to work it.

Quoting Dawn07:

http://pinterest.com/dawn_p/summer/

This is some of ours. We had done the rock candy also.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

We make a list towards the end of Spring. It's all the stuff we want to do in the summer. I guess it's kind of the same as yours. We only had a few on our list last year because there was so much stuff to do around our house (it was our first full summer in our new house and we finally had grass growing, so the girls just wanted to stay home)

Quoting Dawn07:

I used to work at our library before my first came along, and I would help with the summer program. I would always think its going to be cool when my kids can do this.
    The bucket list is just fun summer things we would like to do. The library is on it, we have playing with water on it. We also have make sidewalk chalk paint on it but we didn't get to that one yet, maybe this summer.
    I'm on my phone right now but later i can post the link to our bucket list for you to look at. I have quite a few things on it.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I always love hearing people talk about using the library. I run the story time twice a week at our local library, and I run the summer reading program. I just started a kids book club, it's an incentive program to get kids reading more. That bucket list sounds interesting. Is it books you and your kids want to read for the summer? If you have a minute I'd like more information.

Quoting Dawn07:

Every year we go to the summer reading program at our library. Last year I started a new tradition of making a summer bucket list.

• No_Difference
    March 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM

SWIM TEAM!! lol. We can't wait! It is a huge part of our summer and a massive time commitment, but we are looking forward to it more and more :).
    LOVE going on long hikes at the National Parks around us, and biking on the bike trails around here too...many even hook up to the Appalachian Trail which is a blast to hike on too.
    There's the summer reading program at the library that the kids love doing. At the end of summer they take their tokens in for a prize...or "buy books" with their tokens.
    Hopefully sometime this summer we can go camping for the first time since my little guy has been born.

• BramblePatch
    March 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    We have so many! I think the best thing is camping 1 week a month from June to September....but we also have the 4th of July parade, Wagons Days, the Great Duck Race, Summer Symphony, fabulous concerts, wildflower hikes, fishing, hitting the waterfalls, Kethchum Alive, Gallery Walks, antique and farmers markets, the Ice Shows, brunch at the lodge terrace..... I love summer :-)

Homeschooling Moms