Homeschooling Moms

mem82
How do you organize your paper clutter?
by mem82
March 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I have so many worksheets to have the kids do, or keep, or toss. How do you keep from being overran with stuff?

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I have a 4 drawer file cabinet. I keep everything by child and by year. It's not required because we use a charter school but I want to just in case. Once the cabinet is full, I will throw out the oldest year. So far it is 4 yes and I have filled about 2 drawers.
  • debramommyof4
    March 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I am trying to figure out what to start keeping next year.  We will be going on our own next year.  This year we are using k12 and it is not a big deal to throw almost everything away.  Though I do keep most of the really cool art work that they make if I am really impressed.

• kirbymom
    March 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

What I do is keep the work that needs to be worked in seperate drawers and the ones that are already worked in, I keep a few good ones and a few not so good ones for posterity's sake, in another drawer. Then I keep everything else in a box like we are moving and if I need to I can just throw them away. :) 

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    March 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

We have a file cabinet and a pocket chart on our wall to store all our papers.

• Pukalani79
    March 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I keep very little, honestly.  If I'm not sure, then it goes in a file cabinet. Otherwise it typically goes to recycling right away.

• debramommyof4
    March 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM

What a lot of students.  I bet you have lots of fun.

Quoting jen2150:

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM

i use the garbage can to organize the clutter of papers

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    March 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    I'm getting really good with this filing system! It took me long enough:)

Quoting oredeb:

i use the garbage can to organize the clutter of papers

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Oh that's a good idea!

Quoting jen2150:

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

oh boy if i saved every paper i gave the kids, my whole block that i live on would be full to the top of the houses!!

Homeschooling Moms