Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
blueyedbaker
Math mammoth
March 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I found this site, and they have an end of year test. I am going to print it out and see how my girls do. It'll give me a good idea how my 10 year old is doing, what else she needs help with (besides multiplication)! Has anyone used this site before?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Heading over to check it out.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM

That's awesome. It looks just a little accelerated from what PS is doing. I try to keep in the same ball park as the PSs.

• kirbymom
    March 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

This looks like a nice testing site.  I have never used this site before but I may try it out andsee what its like just for personal experience. :)  

• blueyedbaker
    March 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    I try to follow PS too, I know most home schoolers don't but it's kind of like a guide line for me I guess, keeps me, and the kids, on track. I like to ask my daughters friends what they are doing in certain subjects and always am surprised that we are way ahead of them. I printed off the end of year test. I know my first grader would ace it right now but my 5th grader will not. We still have work to do in 5th grade Math!
    Quoting mem82:

That's awesome. It looks just a little accelerated from what PS is doing. I try to keep in the same ball park as the PSs.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    I ask my kids' friends, too. It looks like Cole would do fine except in maybe two areas because he is finally catching up on reading. We haven't worked on Math word problems because of it.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I try to follow PS too, I know most home schoolers don't but it's kind of like a guide line for me I guess, keeps me, and the kids, on track. I like to ask my daughters friends what they are doing in certain subjects and always am surprised that we are way ahead of them. I printed off the end of year test. I know my first grader would ace it right now but my 5th grader will not. We still have work to do in 5th grade Math!

Quoting mem82:

• AutymsMommy
    March 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We use Math Mammoth as our math curriculum. The old version.

The old version IS very accelerated, but that fits with our goals. MM is now aligning their products with CCS, so we will no longer be using them.

• blueyedbaker
    March 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I bought the Multiplication books. (I don't know the difference between the old and new so...) I think just starting over will help and what she knows we'll skip. I will continue in the other areas but focus on the multiplication for now. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We use Math Mammoth as our math curriculum. The old version.

The old version IS very accelerated, but that fits with our goals. MM is now aligning their products with CCS, so we will no longer be using them.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN