Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
lucsch
I wish I'd known that!
by lucsch
March 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Have you found a website, a curriculum, or some resource that you wish you'd known about earlier in your homeschooling journey? I thought it would be fun to share.

Replies

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    March 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I think I would have liked to try using one of the free curriculums available online, like Ambleside, simplycharlottemason, oldfashionededucation or such. I also like the looks of livingbookscurriculum, but that isn't free.

I also wish I'd discovered Apologia science about a year earlier. I do wish I had a better organized method to study science, in general.

I am glad I found our math curriculum (Christian Light Education). I switched over to it after 2 years of using another one. The transition wasn't bad, but it would have been better if we had used it from the start.

Oh, and notebooking! I love using notebooking techniques to reinforce what we are studying. I discovered  that just about at the time to start doing it.

The Robinson Curriculum booklists would have been  a great way for my daughter to learn, as she loves to read.

I switched spelling so many times until I found Christian Liberty Press' Building Spelling Skills. That has worked well for us.

I am very happy with our curriculum, Heart of Dakota, and am very glad I found that "in time" to use it.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM

It happens to me ALL.THE.TIME!

• Beachmama34
    March 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ambleside and simplycharlottemason

• kirbymom
    March 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I have been through this a few times. :)  The most recent one was the writing link that someone posted for me a few posts earlier. lol  

• zandizane
    March 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

http://www.readingbear.com/ for my ds in kinder.

• coala
    by coala
    March 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I can honestly say that we are VERY happy with what we are using as of right now.  They curric is working for both of my girls b/c it is incredibly structured and they both NEED that.  I am sure I will fell this way when we have to change things up.

• celticdragon77
    April 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Ball stick bird - phonics

• mem82
    by mem82
    April 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM

tell me more!

Quoting celticdragon77:

Ball stick bird - phonics

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    April 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM

well gee i just wish they  had invented the internet when my kids were young at the beginning our our hs journey!!

• KrissyKC
    April 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes, about Apologia, me too!   I wish I had known they had elementary curriculum as I had heard it was only for high school and dismissed it without further review because there was too much other stuff to learn.

Also, I wish I would have started Rod & Staff english, yet never done Rod & Staff math.... the math felt like a whole wasted year, neither kid got much out of it.   However, the english is perfect for us!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts