Homeschooling Moms

Meena20
pj's
by Meena20
March 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
So i grew up being home schooled and my friends at the time told me that i was lucky to be homeschooled cuz i could stay in my pj's all day or in other words no need for me to change clothes to go to school. Sure i could have but i never did cuz i never liked being in my pj's during the day. Would you let your homeschooled child stay in their pj's during school hours or all day??

Replies

• WantedNameTaken
    March 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Yes, we are a pj family.  I also work in my pj's until I have to leave the house. After church on Sunday, we all change into our pj's.  They're comfy.

• jsbuck
    by jsbuck
    March 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Yep.............if we don't have anywhere to go that day he stays in his pjs all day long and changes into different ones before bed.

My ds likes to declare "today is a pj day" LOL.

• WantedNameTaken
    March 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

That's similar to my declaration of "Family Pajama Day", which is immediately after church.

Quoting jsbuck:

Yep.............if we don't have anywhere to go that day he stays in his pjs all day long and changes into different ones before bed.

My ds likes to declare "today is a pj day" LOL.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    They can where what ever they want, I have even been known to let them where PJ's in public. We live in a collage town & they see collage students in PJ's at the store all the time & wanted to do it too, I figured it was a lot more appropriate for my little kids to do it then for grown collage students so why not.
  • QueenCreole313
    March 17, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yep. 

• tiredmomfor2
    March 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    We used to have pajama days, but haven't been able to for a while. I miss them.
  • kirbymom
    March 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM

hahaha >  I have on occasion but they prefer to get dressed, themselves. Now, if your talking about my 4 year old, she could care less, so long as she has clothes on it doesn't matter if they are bedtime cloths or day clothes. :)  

• TigerofMu
    March 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Sometimes, but they usually prefer to be dressed, and I know I am a lot more productive if I get dressed "to lace up shoes" as Flylady would say!

• Knightquester
    March 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM

During days where they want to chill at home I could care less, but typically we have places to go to through the week and weekend and so they get up and get ready.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    March 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

We prefer to be dressed.  My kids are usually up and dressed way before I come out of my bedroom.  They usually have a long list of things they did before they ask if they can get on the computer.   

Homeschooling Moms