Homeschooling Moms

rsrangel
One-on-one time
March 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM

For those with more then 1 child, how often do you take each child out of the house for one-on-one time?  We don't do it often because of money, and even when we do it's usually just me that takes them because we don't have a babysitter.  But I really enjoy those times getting to know each child more and appreciating their individual personalities.  Where is the last place you took one of your children for a one-on-one outing?

Replies

• rsrangel
    March 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Today I took my youngest daughter (4 yrs old) to the nature park by herself.  Next week I'm taking my oldest son to a pottery shop and we will paint some pottery...hopefully my mom can watch the other kids because my husband really wants to go too. 

• blueyedbaker
    March 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My oldest goes to archery once a week with her dad, and I take my youngest  to a knitting class. Other than that we do everything together. 

• kirbymom
    March 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

When we go for a walk. The kids think it is just great to get to walk with me. I have even asked them if they were embarrassed or anything and they said no they could care less that they would be "seen" walking around with their mother. It was like a badge of honor with my older kids.  Made my heart swell with love and joy. :)   

• rsrangel
    March 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    I love this idea!
    Quoting kirbymom:

When we go for a walk. The kids think it is just great to get to walk with me. I have even asked them if they were embarrassed or anything and they said no they could care less that they would be "seen" walking around with their mother. It was like a badge of honor with my older kids.  Made my heart swell with love and joy. :)   

• kirbymom
    March 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

:) So do my kids. We walk around most of the neighborhood and the kids just love it.  They want to show me this weird place and that special place and oh yeah musn't forget that one over there place. lol  :)  It really is a great way to just be with the kids and enjoy each other.  

Quoting rsrangel:

I love this idea!
    Quoting kirbymom:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    We need to do it more but we do try to spend one on one time with them a few times a month.
  • debramommyof4
    March 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

They get one day a week where each child gets time to only them with Mommy or Daddy.  But during the day I take time to seek each of them out and spend a little bit of time talking to them.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Sometimes one on one time in our house just involves me reading a story to them or something.

Homeschooling Moms