Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
No_Difference
St Patrick's Day
March 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Thought I'd share this link of fun St Patty's day inspired chemistry experiments: http://chemistry.about.com/od/holidayhowtos/tp/stpatricksdayscience.htm I'm using the glowing flowers for part of our elaborate prank for this year. Last year the Leprachauns threatened my duaghter if she didn't give back all the gold she "stole" from previous years, they were coming after her. So we'll have crepe paper over her door, balloons filled with confetti, green tolet water, green foot prits everywhere, a green dye pack in the shower, green milk, and whatever else I come up with! Do you prank the kids on St Patrick's day?

Replies

• No_Difference
    March 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

We normally don't do pranks BUT my daughter was gloating last year to all the neighborhood kids how much "gold" she was able to obtain from the leprechauns... From there:
    The leprechauns caught wind of her bragging and are demanding back their gold. They left her a lovely little letter telling her if she didn't fork the gold back over, they'd come after her and her family.... She has since lost the "gold" (which was either chocolate coins or little "coins" that were cut out of a gold colored metalic paper), and since she can't fork it over, the leprechauns are out to get her.

A few lessons being harmlessly taught in one... 1. Quit bragging (an on going problem for a few yrs now). 2. Take better care of your things so you don't lose them!

While looking stuff up to do though, I seen a lot of niffty ideas that others have done in the past lol. There were a ton of elaborate leprechaun traps and if you failed to catch them, then they'd mess up the house in various ways...

For April Fools day, we play pranks on each other, but nothing elaborate. Mostly little on the fly jokes, at most leaving the toilet seat up for the kids to fall in. One year we did go all out and rigged a pie to launch when the front door opened and for the poor victim to be hit in the face with said pie... (awesome physics lesson lol). Unfortunatly, that didn't go down so well with our neighbor who didn't wait for us to disassemble it before she opened the door...which is why it now all has to be low key lol.

Quoting usmom3:

I have never known anyone to pull pranks on St Patrick's Day only on April Fools Day.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 11, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I can see trying to teach a lesson while having fun. That wouldn't work at our house, feelings would get hurt by the one the joke is being played on.

Quoting No_Difference:

We normally don't do pranks BUT my daughter was gloating last year to all the neighborhood kids how much "gold" she was able to obtain from the leprechauns... From there:
    The leprechauns caught wind of her bragging and are demanding back their gold. They left her a lovely little letter telling her if she didn't fork the gold back over, they'd come after her and her family.... She has since lost the "gold" (which was either chocolate coins or little "coins" that were cut out of a gold colored metalic paper), and since she can't fork it over, the leprechauns are out to get her.

A few lessons being harmlessly taught in one... 1. Quit bragging (an on going problem for a few yrs now). 2. Take better care of your things so you don't lose them!

While looking stuff up to do though, I seen a lot of niffty ideas that others have done in the past lol. There were a ton of elaborate leprechaun traps and if you failed to catch them, then they'd mess up the house in various ways...

For April Fools day, we play pranks on each other, but nothing elaborate. Mostly little on the fly jokes, at most leaving the toilet seat up for the kids to fall in. One year we did go all out and rigged a pie to launch when the front door opened and for the poor victim to be hit in the face with said pie... (awesome physics lesson lol). Unfortunatly, that didn't go down so well with our neighbor who didn't wait for us to disassemble it before she opened the door...which is why it now all has to be low key lol.

Quoting usmom3:

I have never known anyone to pull pranks on St Patrick's Day only on April Fools Day.

• wowguildmomma
    March 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Now I wish i lived in your neighborhood. the pie thing is awesome. it sounds like some of the stuff the man who lived next door to us would do. He was great. 

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting usmom3:

• No_Difference
    March 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I think my neighbors find me rather impish and my hubby thinks I'm nuts...and a wasting too much time scheming all of this all the time lol. We have a lot of fun tho :) 

Quoting wowguildmomma:

Now I wish i lived in your neighborhood. the pie thing is awesome. it sounds like some of the stuff the man who lived next door to us would do. He was great. 

Quoting No_Difference:

Quoting usmom3:

• amandae21
    March 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I feel terrible! This is our first St Patrick's Day homeschooling. She did pranks and fun stuff in PS but I haven't planned anything this year. We haven't even made a craft. I just pinned some stuff and we're going to start on one in a minute. I honestly don't even know the story behind pranking, just that she did it in school.

• kirbymom
    March 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun being planned!  Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure my boys would just love making green fire!  lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN