Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
krysta.cole
Just wanted to share :) piog
March 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM

We were going to wait to start our homeschooling until next school year BUT they had an opening for us and we start Tuesday! We are going through a school called C.O.I.L (Circle Of Independent Learning). I do intend to homeschool without the government one day but for now I like the idea of a little guidance until I can find out what works for us. So like I have said in previous posts, I have a 6 year old, a 3 year old and a 9 month old. Any tips on how to make the day go smoothly with the little ones and give my 6 year old the help and guidance she needs?

Replies

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    March 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Yay! How exciting to start earlier. My kiddos were almost exactly the same age when we started a couple years ago. My best advice is from learning it the hard way, don't set anything in stone, be willing to change your day and whatever isn't working. It's helpful to have "school time" items/toys/books, etc; for the younger kiddos during the time you are working with your oldest. One thing that has worked great for me is starting the day with my younger kids, having a project or something, a game or a story and letting big brother have a little free time before we start school, so they have the attention from me and don't feel like they are being neglected when I am busy with big brother.

• krysta.cole
    March 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I like the idea of hanging out with the little ones first. My oldest recently got diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and I think my 3 year old already feels a little left out since we have to spend so much time planning around her sister.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN