Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bnyfofopmknsoup
What do you do with your used workbooks?
March 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I am currently homeschooling my two boys without a set curriculum (big mistake! But that's another story) I thought it would save money by just buying workbooks such as the spectrum workbooks,  the worldy wise books and also school zone. When I'm finished with a workbook, I want to throw it away. But, I'm not sure if I should do that. I don't know why I hang on to them, come to think of it. Do you give them to others to white out the answers or just chuck them? What do you do with your used workbooks? 

shrugging

Replies

• kirbymom
    March 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Well, as I have 7 kids, I use my until they fall apart!  lol   

• bluerooffarm
    March 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I sometimes put a transparency over the top so I can just wash it off and use them again (and again).

• DyslexiaParent
    March 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

We put them in our recycling bin along with the magazines and newspapers.

• tiredmomfor2
    March 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    We reuse, I have three children. :) when they are all finished I will resell them or give them away. (Provided there is anything left of them when we finish.) ;)
  • coala
    by coala
    March 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

So far I have been just recycling them.  We will wait and see with next years workbooks.  I have been trying to find a way to save money for the 2nd child.

• Knightquester
    March 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

If the workbook is well loved and pretty much all pages are written in then I toss it after the school year is complete.

If it's for one of my three older children then I will most likely copy the pages from it so that I can use it on the next kid when they hit that grade.

If it's only partly worked in and I don't plan to ever use it again then I will often tear out the pages my children have worked on and give the unused part of the workbook to a friend of mines children who are younger than mine and like them for practice.

I also have a few unwritten in, but used workbooks that I plan to sell on Amazon sometime.  Needless to say, I don't keep things I don't plan to make use of.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    March 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    We keep finished work in a file cabinet until the cabinet is full (hasn't happened yet) then I will throw out the oldest year.
  • No_Difference
    March 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I've saved mine for now. I figure if I need proof for any reason, I'll at least have that in case other paperwork and portfolios are lost.... (I hope they never are but I'd rather play it safe than sorry with how much we move)

• mrs.hartman12
    March 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Im part of a Facebook group were you can buy, sell,.and trade curriculum.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts