Homeschooling Moms

amandae21
Such an awesome day!
March 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Well, I went to buy the locker last night only to find that shipping was $40 :-/. DD said that she wanted an American Girl instead because it's just not worth it. I'll probably get it for her birthday because she really wanted it... but not enough to spend $150. Anyway, she chose another American Girl.

We loaded up this morning and traveled an hour away to the AG store. There's a homeschool bookstore nearby that I'd never been to (never been to any HS bookstore for that matter).

We drove around for a while, waiting for the bookstore to open. We passed the American Legion. They had a chopper, tank, plane and a big machine gun that attaches to a ship. It was gorgeous outside so we parked and walked around the memorial area. It was so nice! The toddler enjoyed getting out and running around (been in the car/stroller all morning). DD found the facts on the signs interesting. It was a great unschooling moment.

Then we hit the book store. Oh boy!! There was a huge dollar table!! I could've spent more than an hour just going through the stuff on that table! The toddler wasn't having that though lol. She was ready for lunch. I bought about 20 books. My biggest score was a hardback intermediate Webster's dictionary! I also got several Science activity books. And Life of Fred: Apples, which is what I went for.

Replies

• debramommyof4
    March 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That is good.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    March 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    I love awesome days, so glad you are having one.
  • kirbymom
    March 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

What an absolutely wonderful day! I am so happy for you. :)  

• tiredmomfor2
    March 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    What an amazing day!
  • coala
    by coala
    March 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Sounds like you all had an awesome day!!!  I wish we all had more like that.  LOL

Homeschooling Moms