Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
noraa21
Anyone seen this way to dye easter eggs.
by noraa21
March 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Thought this looked like a fun way to dye eggs, I had never seen it before.

SHAVING CREAM EGG DYE
1. Spread cheap white shaving cream in a cookie sheet
2. Apply drops of neon food coloring across surface
3. Use toothpicks to swirl colors around
4. Roll the dried, cooled hardboiled eggs in the colorful cream (we used disposable kitchen gloves to reduce the tattoo effect)
5. Allow to set for 3-4 minutes on a paper plate
6. Wipe off shaving cream with paper toweling
7. Rinse! Voila! Beautiful marbleized eggs, done quickly!
SHAVING CREAM EGG DYE
1. Spread cheap white shaving cream in a cookie sheet
2. Apply drops of neon food coloring across surface
3. Use toothpicks to swirl colors around
4. Roll the dried, cooled hardboiled eggs in the colorful cream (we used disposable kitchen gloves to reduce the tattoo effect)
5. Allow to set for 3-4 minutes on a paper plate
6. Wipe off shaving cream with paper toweling
7. Rinse! Voila! Beautiful marbleized eggs, done quickly!

Replies

• tuffymama
    March 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Thank you for sharing this!!!
  • tuffymama
    March 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    I've had a bit of trouble in dyeing our blown eggs quickly in the past. I bet this would be faster than dunking. The more I think of it, the more I like this, especially for our blown goose eggs I've been collecting for months. We want to stuff them with confetti, glitter, and candies this year.
  • kirbymom
    March 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I have never ever heard of this before today. I bet we could do a whole lot more dying of other objects and not just eggs.  Great post!  :) 

• AnonyMOUSE715
    March 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Wow I didn't realized people actually ate the Easter Eggs! You can do that?!
    March 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    I did thus with my girls today on wood. It turned out cute.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    March 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    Uhhh...yeah! LOL

We always eat them. It is the only time I remember to make deviled eggs and everyone loves them!

Quoting AnonyMOUSE715:

• Leissaintexas
    March 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    Quoting AnonyMOUSE715:

. Of course you eat them! What else would you do with them? Lol. You cannot have Easter dinner without deviled eggs ! Yum. And sometimes, with the traditional dye, the white changes color too, making your deviled egg platter really cool looking.
  • AnonyMOUSE715
    March 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    Huh. I always just considered thm decorations... hahahaha

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting AnonyMOUSE715:

. Of course you eat them! What else would you do with them? Lol. You cannot have Easter dinner without deviled eggs ! Yum. And sometimes, with the traditional dye, the white changes color too, making your deviled egg platter really cool looking.

• buzymom93
    March 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM

we peel them and eat them with a little salt on them.. yummy

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting AnonyMOUSE715:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts