Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Which Subject Comes First?
March 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM

What subject do you teach first?

Do you feel that you need to teach it first?

Why? 

Replies

• QueenCreole313
    March 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We always have Bible first thing in the morning, usually right after breakfast.

I believe Holy scripture and prayer is of the utmost importance, even before academics.

It doesn't take long. We read a chapter or so and talk about the lesson, etc.

• Silverkitty
    March 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Daughter does literature first, it was her choice and she enjoys it.  Then is math, because she can concentrate best then and that's why it come after literature.  The rest are as she wants to do them through out the day.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Math- It's the one thing that can't be continuously taught on the fly.

• Jody59
    by Jody59
    March 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM

We evolved to started out with what we considered the hardest subject (first it was math , then later writing)     

How good it feels to have that checked off for the day.

Jody                                         Check Out The Writing Course

• debramommyof4
    March 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I teach math out of habit.  My oldest loves math and if I give it to her first she has more fun.

• swim-mom72
    March 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My guys are older, ages 12 & 15, so I do not stand over them much any more or require that things be done in a certain order. I just require that they all get done: the order is up to them. My youngest usually chooses Bible or reading first. My oldest usually does history or math first.

• tiredmomfor2
    March 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Prayer. We start our school day with prayer and Bible, then calendar, science and then we alternate history, health, manners and character each day. That is with all of them together.
    When we break off separately..it just depends. Usually Math.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    March 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM

at our home bible comes first, yes we need it first thing in the morning! ours days just seem to go better with a bit of Praising the Lord!

next is math, the kids minds are pretty clear and looking for something to do

next is english same as above for us

for us teaching them later in the day doesnt work, everyone is tired and ready for something not so mind thinking!

• coala
    by coala
    March 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Bible!!!  I feel that their day runs smoother when we get a good pray and morality talk in before the day begins.

• No_Difference
    March 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It changes daily for us. We don't have a routine on what starts first. I go with what will motivate her to get her day going.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN