Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you feel that homeschoolers give their children more choices than public school parents?
by mem82
March 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Life choices, choices over their curriculum or extracurricular activities

On average, do you think we give more choices or do you think most homeschoolers are more controlling?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    March 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My children have options most parents homeschool or not give thier kids, some do.  I let my children choose they can homeschool or go to public school. As long as they can tell me something they learned they can stay.  I think school is about learning and you can only learn where you are happy. 

My 2 oldest girls at this point have decided to stay home next year and they are excited that in history and science there will be lots of hands on stuff.  I dont think they get that that includes them helping with research.  They are 6 and 7. 

My 4 year old wants to go to school next year but he keeps pooping his pants.  He is pretty much ready for kindergarten so we will start there if I can not get him to stop pottying on himself. 

My soon to be 3 year old will be home also and she gets to decide if she wants to do school or not.  Everyone will do a circle time, and I bought her a workbook so she can "do" school too.  I will help her some but she can also sit in on the lessons with my 6 and 7 year old or with my 4 year old.  I plan on doing as much as I can together as a group because it is easier that way but still give them the challenge that they need.  Lets hope this works or I am out of ideas.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts