Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
rsrangel
what book are you currently reading?
March 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
What book are you currently reading? What book is your child currently reading, or if they are to young to read alone, what was the last book you read to them?

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    March 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I am reading common sense by Thomas Paine, star trek novel, and the Caption's dog.

My sons enjoy reading various books. My oldest is reading Genius files currently.  My youngest prefers Garfield comic books and various picture books.  Science books are his favorite.  

I am reading George Washington's socks to them.

• SusanTheWriter
    March 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    I'm reading "The Italian Secretary: A Further Adventure of Sherlock Holmes" by Caleb Carr.
    DD is reading "Little Women."
    I'm not sure what DS is reading right now.
    And my non-reading DH actually read "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi on his last business trip.
  • EiuGirl316
    March 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

George RR Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire series for me, I've been reading Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing to DS. 

• Channell07
    March 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I am reading The boy in the Striped Pajamas.  I have had it for a long time and have been wanting to read it.  With grad school and everything with the kids I don't have time to read much more than YA.. lol

DS (4) just read The Day the Dinosaurs Died today and I read Thomas' Birthday to DD (3.5) tonight =)

• bluerooffarm
    March 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I am currently reading Walking on Water to myself, The Hobbit to my hubby, and Dinosaurs Before Dark to my 4 and 5 yos.

DS (7) is reading Peter and the Sword of Mercy and Digging for Dinos.

My 5yo just read Hippo gets a Pet.

• bether89
    March 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I am reading the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2013, because we are planning a trip in Oct. with our homschool group.

Ds is reading The Magic School Bus: The Wild Whale Watch.

I am reading Dr. Seuss books to my youngest.

• tiredmomfor2
    March 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Hmm..well let's see.
    I have been slowly working my way through the Old Testament. Currently in Leviticus. Oh and I'm also reading a little of the Unschoolers handbook, Carrots love tomatoes and The guide to homesteading. *I skip around a lot. :)*
    With the kids, I am currently reading:
    A chapter a day out of the book of Proverbs, to all the kids
    The Bearstein Bears: Bear Scouts in Giant Bat Cave, to all the kids.
    Attack at the Arena, to DS(7)
    The Magic School Bus, Book 4 Space Explorers, to DD(5)
    The Complete book of Curious George, to DD(2)..because she is crazy about it at the moment.
    They are each reading out of leveled readers this week.
    DD(5) is finishing up Barbie the Island Princess
    DS(7) is reading Bully Trouble

Also..since Spring is on the way pretty soon, I am planning to start reading Charlotte's Web to them later this week.
  • katinahat
    March 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My daughter is too young to read, but I'm currently reading Positive Parenting: The First Three Years :)

• QueenCreole313
    March 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I am reading Different Minds: Gifted children with attention deficits ADHD, aspergers... Awesome! My son is reading The Manga Guide to Physics. 

• Lynette
    by Lynette
    March 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I am reading "A Good Yarn" by, Debbie Macomber

My oldest son is reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!