Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
starbeck96
Just ordered my daughter's science and history
March 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I am so excited.  I had been looking at Answers in Genesis science for my daughter for next year (will be in 1st grade).  She absolutely loves science so I am going to give her lots of science..lol.

Anyway, on Facebook someone was selling the entire set of their science curriculum (grades 1-8) for 185.00 (shipping included).  This set usually sells for 300.00.  I didn't have 185.00 right now, so I asked her if she would be willing to let me make payments every week until paid for and she agreed.  I am so very excited that she agreed. 

I believe that I can make this science curriculum stretch for around 4-5 years.  It is set up that each set of books (total of 4 sets) is a year's worth. 

We use Abeka but when I saw these, I knew my daughter would love them.  I also am not real crazy about Abeka's science for younger grades.

I also got 2 books for her history: The Presidents book and the States Book.  I was planning on teaching her the states and capitals next year anyway and I had also thought about teaching her the presidents.  My plan is to do the states and capitals next year and the presidents the following year.  We will do 2 states per week (where they are located, the capital, and what the flag looks like).   I paid $ 3.50 for both books, this included shipping! 

I am just so excited!!!  Now, if I can just wait until she officially starts 1st grade before I dig into them...lol.

Replies

• tiredmomfor2
    March 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Woohoo for awesome deals! Also...yes. it is so hard not to dig into them immediately!
  • EnduringWon
    March 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Love your excitement, I feel the same way about homeschooling. :)

Sounds like you took advantage of some good deals. *high five*

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN