Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Pukalani79
Science Project ideas? Update in Red
March 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Our homeschool group is putting on a science fair.  One daughter is working on a solar system model, my son wants to dissect an owl pellet, and my youngest.. well she wants to do a science project that has to do with King Arthur and his knights.  Any suggestions??

She's agreed to possibly do a project that has to do with art, so that might make it a little easier.  She's 8.  Thank you!

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

She could do something on the study of Alchemy. How they used to try and turn stuff into gold.

• mem82
    by mem82
    March 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Does building a catapult and talking about simple yet deadly machines count as Science Fair material?

• Pukalani79
    March 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Great ideas!

• KickButtMama
    March 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Maybe something on trajectory? Ike how knights could improve accuracy for arrows or w/ a trebuchet? Or herbal medicines?

• KickButtMama
    March 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

My boys did it once - built a trebuchet and worked on how to counterbalance for heavier items going longer distances.

Quoting mem82:

Does building a catapult and talking about simple yet deadly machines count as Science Fair material?

• Pukalani79
    March 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

She might be interested in something like this.  She's been sick most of her life and is very interested in all things medical.  My brother is going to school to be a DO and is also very interested in herbal remedies. I'll see if he can help her.  Thanks!

Or herbal medicines?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN