Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
It is Hump Day. How is learning going this week?
by mem82
February 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    So far so good. I exhausted two of my kids yesterday. It is 7:30 and everyone is still asleep. Hehehe.... They did back-to-back gymnastics classes...over 2 hours each.

Today... boys have co-op.
    DS2 has confirmation at Church
    DS1 and I have karate.
  • bluerooffarm
    February 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Our week is over!  YAY!  The k12 school had this marked as a 4 day weekend, and the boys planned to go to gramma's so we kept that in the plan.  They are finishing laundry and packing right now.  We already did our phonics, math and language arts, so they can play their "educational" games for the rest of "school time" (until 2)

• No_Difference
    February 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My little guy is going nuts and my daughter isn't feeling too hot, plus she has a doc appt anyway... We'll probably bring some school stuff to do in the waiting room for the appt, but otherwise not do much today.

• SuperMommy408
    February 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    It's going good so far!!
  • kirbymom
    February 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

So far, my hubby and oldest are in New York for a business meeting for the day and the other kids are trying to accomplish some schoolwork and I am trying to keep my focus on but am having some major difficulties doing it. This day is going by so slowly too. gah!  :)  

• tiredmomfor2
    February 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    We need a kick in the pants this week!
    Today is our first day of formal education for the week..only we haven't started yet. Lol
    But..we have done a lot of other things this week and been kind of busy. Plus this morning we were discussing homing pigeons and war tactics over breakfast! Haha
  • coala
    by coala
    February 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Unfortunately today my oldest is playing catch up.....Daddy took them out yesterday afternoon and she didn't get to finish.  He wanted me to cancel class altogether yesterday, but it wasn't going to happen.  They had an art class this morning and skating this afternoon.  My youngest actually was able to write a word in cursive yesterday during writting class.  My oldest got a 100 on a math test I gave.  I am very proud of both of them.

• bether89
    February 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

In math, we are estimating multiplication and division answers.  Ds read a poem about kites in reading and learned about slant rhyming words.   We are completing a lapbook about seeds today and taking test on it.

• QueenCreole313
    February 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to give the kid off tomorrow and Saturday. Partly because I'm tired and I realized he needs extra help on division and I'm waiting for a new Kumon workbook to come in the mail. All is well! I love the flexibility and not having to answer to anyone!

• Walnutgrovefarm
    February 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

So far so good this week. Science was fun today we researched weather on national geographic sites and talked a lot about the weather. They have a great site to use for kids learning science. We had a huge snowstorm last couple of days so spent some time outside taking pictures for a art project.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts