Homeschooling Moms

leighp1
Geography
by leighp1
February 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM

As many of you already know my daughter is a computer whiz.  She loves creating websites and she is retaining so much information from creating them, so I decided that I would combine her love of computers and geography.  Today she will begin her trip around the US.  She is going to create a website with all 50 states and she has a list of things that must be included in this website.  Ex.  Capital, flower, motto, etc.  We are even putting in some fun things like funny laws and recipes. I only hope that this doesn't kill her love of computers.

I will keep you all posted on it and hopefully post a link to it soon.

I so love being able to mold our learning around what my daughter enjoys doing.  Hoping I can keep this up (making learning fun).

Replies

• WantedNameTaken
    February 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM

It really is great that you are combining her love of computers with learning. I'll bet you won't have to tell her twice to do her geography work.  :)

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Sounds awesome!
  • amberstars
    February 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Sounds really cool!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

oh yea leigh!!! keep us posted and send us the link!!! sounds like my kinda blog!!!

• kirbymom
    February 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

What a wonderful way to combine subjects and interests.  I'd say that you are doing a great job of thinking outside the box.  :)  Oh and yes, you had better keep us posted.  )

• kttycat84
    March 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM

That sounds like an awesome project!

Homeschooling Moms