Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
leighp1
Geography
by leighp1
February 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM

As many of you already know my daughter is a computer whiz.  She loves creating websites and she is retaining so much information from creating them, so I decided that I would combine her love of computers and geography.  Today she will begin her trip around the US.  She is going to create a website with all 50 states and she has a list of things that must be included in this website.  Ex.  Capital, flower, motto, etc.  We are even putting in some fun things like funny laws and recipes. I only hope that this doesn't kill her love of computers.

I will keep you all posted on it and hopefully post a link to it soon.

I so love being able to mold our learning around what my daughter enjoys doing.  Hoping I can keep this up (making learning fun).

Replies

• WantedNameTaken
    February 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM

It really is great that you are combining her love of computers with learning. I'll bet you won't have to tell her twice to do her geography work.  :)

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Sounds awesome!
  • amberstars
    February 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Sounds really cool!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

oh yea leigh!!! keep us posted and send us the link!!! sounds like my kinda blog!!!

• kirbymom
    February 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

What a wonderful way to combine subjects and interests.  I'd say that you are doing a great job of thinking outside the box.  :)  Oh and yes, you had better keep us posted.  )

• kttycat84
    March 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM

That sounds like an awesome project!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN