Homeschooling Moms

Jayco424
what do you think about ebooks?
February 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Some teachers and moms still prefer paper books.

and I agree with it's the best for children.

but ebook has some advantages too.

It's easy to carry, cheaper, and it's moving!

what do you think about ebook?

Replies

• MessedUpMama
    February 26, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I like them. They are easier to take with you, they are easier for little kids to hold (well I guess it depends on what device they are going to read them), and they are often cheaper.

However, I love paper books. I'd have thousands if I had the room, so both of them are good as far as I'm concerned.

• amberstars
    February 26, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I hate ebooks.  I prefer regular good old fashioned books. 

• gacgbaker
    February 26, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I like them, but I like to have paper copies of things too.  I like to have a variety of resources, some ebooks, some paper books, and other things.  

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I love having books no matter how they come.  My kids prefer actual books.  Ebooks are useful for me the most.  I can carry a whole library in my purse.  

• AutymsMommy
    February 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I'm a book snob.

No ebooks here. We have shelves and shelves (and more shelves), bookcase upon bookcase, filled with real books. Yes, I said real books, lol.

I think my daughter reads occasionally on her ipad, but she's the only one.

You can't hear the spine crack on a new "ebook"... or smell the brand new pages when you flip through them... or dog-ear the pages because you read it so much. Ebooks are just... blah.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    We use both. It's easier for me to load my iPad with books and take it to camp than it is to bring them all with me. Also, my daughter reads SO much that I can't keep up. We would have to go to the library every other day. Lol! Our library allows you to borrow ebooks, so we do that a lot.
    I have our curriculum on an ebook and it makes it so nice. I have it in book format also.
  • MamaDearie
    February 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I can't help it. I still prefer real books. Ones you can hold. There is something to be said about turning the pages of a well-loved book that just can't be replicated electronically. 

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I also would like to add ebooks have so many neat features.  I  love posting favorite quotes from the book I am reading onto facebook.  I have received so many free ebooks.  They are amazing.  I think when you love books you just love  them no matter what form they come in.  They are also easier to read in exteme light.  I still love the feel of actual books.  I don't think ebooks will ever replace actual books but they are a nice addition.

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Ebooks are okay.

• WantedNameTaken
    February 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I have free ebooks, but won't pay for any.  When a book is no longer useful for me, I'd rather sell it, donate it, or give it to someone I know.  You can't do that with ebooks.  I tend to keep books for years, so I don't worry about getting rid of a book just to end up needing it later.

Oh, I don't have to worry about charging a real book either.

Homeschooling Moms