Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
gacgbaker
Need math cir. advice...
February 25, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Math is my major weak spot, I can do it- but I need some instruction before I teach the kids.  I am looking for a curriculum with instructional videos that we can watch together.  I like the envision math videos- but I can't purchase the digital access to them as a homeschooler (that I have found).  I was looking at Saxon math using the DIVE videos to go with it- but I'm a little unsure about Saxon in general.  

Does anyone have any other suggestions on math cirriculm with video tutorials?  

Replies

• energygirl
    February 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM

what grades are you looking for math curriculum for? (some folks prefer one over another for different ages....)

• gacgbaker
    February 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Quoting energygirl:

what grades are you looking for math curriculum for? (some folks prefer one over another for different ages....)

They will be 3rd and 5th- thanks!

• AutymsMommy
    February 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Teaching Textbooks wouldn't need you at all :P

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting energygirl:

They will be 3rd and 5th- thanks!

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM

We use teaching textbooks and life of fred.  We love them both.  Teaching textbooks have awesome resale values.  It is mostly the initial investment.  I like how it does a lot of the same problems over and over.  

• Jinx-Troublex3
    February 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    We like Math u see and Aleks.

MUS had a DVD and a written teacher's manual. We haven't ever used the book for teaching as the DVD covers everything well.

MUS is mastery and many may not like starting a mastery curriculum this late but I did it with my oldest at third and he took to it well.
  • RockEducation
    February 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

You might check out Teaching Textbooks. Definitely give the placement test if you decide to buy. TT has excellent resale value on ebay.

• KrissyKC
    February 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM

math u see

teaching textbooks

these two are what we r switching to

• No_Difference
    February 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM

We've loved Math U See. We watch the DVDs together and if she asks a question and I forget how he explained it, I can refer back to it in the teachers manual. Lately, she hasn't wanted to watch the DVDs so I occasionally watch the video on my own if I'm confused what they're referring to in the manual, and then I can just read from there when we go over it,

• motheroffour186
    February 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

What grade?? I usuallyfind examples on NEtflix and YouTube and type in what subject in math that we are talking about for that week or day what ever

• motheroffour186
    February 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I usually look it up on netflix or YouTube or http://www.havefunteaching.com/

and find what specific that we are talking about that day or week

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts