Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
tiredmomfor2
Just Realized!
February 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM
So..I was planning for next year. (Don't judge..you know you have already started if not finished! ;)

I was thinking of my middle child. She turned 5 in September. Our school district doesn't require us to report until she is 6 but the birth date cut off is early in August. That means I wont have to report her until September of 2014! Yay!

Then on second thought it made me think. If she was going to go to public school she wouldn't be starting until September 2014...at the rate she is going right now she will probably be doing 2nd grade work by then. Just think how sad it would be if I had made her wait to learn all of the fun things she is learning right now.

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    February 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Also just think how bored she would be if you taught her all the neat things she is learning now and THEN put her into Kinder in 2014!  YIKES!  That's why we pulled our son out in 1st grade, he was SOOO bored!

• tiredmomfor2
    February 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Lol oh yes! She would definitely be bored. :)
    Heck I think she gets bored here at home sometimes. Only because she has this crazy hunger for Math! I will do 5 and 6 lessons with her a day and she will cry for more. But some days I have to move onto her older brother. I feel bad, but at the same time don't want to risk burn out for her at such a young age. Kwim? Yesterday I tried to get her to take the day off from math, and she literally broke down in tears.
    She is finishing up her K work in the next couple weeks..and will start First Grade work shortly after. We school year round. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Also just think how bored she would be if you taught her all the neat things she is learning now and THEN put her into Kinder in 2014!  YIKES!  That's why we pulled our son out in 1st grade, he was SOOO bored!

• bluerooffarm
    February 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My 4yo is the same way!  He loves the mommy time he gets while we do school together, so he cries when I need to move onto the others.  He likes the stuff he does on his own too, but then he wants to show us all what he did. There are days when he could sit and add his blocks and dominoes for an hour if I could spare the time to sit with him!  LOL!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Lol oh yes! She would definitely be bored. :)
    Heck I think she gets bored here at home sometimes. Only because she has this crazy hunger for Math! I will do 5 and 6 lessons with her a day and she will cry for more. But some days I have to move onto her older brother. I feel bad, but at the same time don't want to risk burn out for her at such a young age. Kwim? Yesterday I tried to get her to take the day off from math, and she literally broke down in tears.
    She is finishing up her K work in the next couple weeks..and will start First Grade work shortly after. We school year round. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts