Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you feel like you do enough arts and crafts?
by mem82
February 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Some months I'm really on it, and then other months I just...fail.

Replies

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 22, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    I think we do too much. I'm a professional artist so it comes naturally to me.
  • collinsmommy0
    February 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    DS is 1. I feel like sometimes I do enough art, sometimes I don't.

I know you aren't supposed to compare, but I feel like a day care would do them about the same or less than I do at this age (crayons or play doh are offered a few times a week, a project is done about once a week, painting about once a month)

When I taught, my class did an art project about once a month. And that was WAY more than the other grade 3-5 classes.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    We do almost everything arts and crafts. Lol
  • MamaDearie
    February 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I feel completely overwhelmed by the amount of arts and crafts we do here. All of my children are craft-obsessed! 

• haskins46563
    February 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I love to craft, but always let art slide because of time. I bought Home Art Studio when it was on sale at homeschool buyers co-op and my kids love it and so do I. I purchased 1st-3rd grade and we are doing the 1st grade one right now. Even my 3rd grade boy who doesn't like art gets into the projects. He definately makes them his own.  His gun shaped planet in the solar system and bullet shooting stars would have gotten him kicked out of public school, but he enjoys shooting sports and I thought it was creative. Lol. Highly recommend the DVDs though. I pop it in for the 5-10 minute lesson and pull out the art supplies they need and cover the table while they watch. 

• gacgbaker
    February 25, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Quoting kirbymom:

This was me until I saw how much they did on their own when it was *free* time. My kids love to do this *after* school.  

Quoting gacgbaker:

I was just struggling with this inside my head, lol... I don't feel like we do enough.  I always have ideas, but feel like we run out of steam and never get to them.  

That is a good point- my daughter esspecially is always putting things together.  Good perspective!  :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts