Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
wunderwifey
Scripture for Education
February 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I think we all know Proverbs 22:6 - "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." and today I came across Luke 6:40 - "A pupil is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher."

What other scriptures have you found that directly correlate to education and teaching our children?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    February 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Deut.  11:19  And you shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when your rise.

Eph 6:4  Fathers do not bring your children to anger, but bring them up in the instruction and discipline of the Lord.

• AutymsMommy
    February 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I'm not a fan of the phrase "train", so I searched for some that inspire me, without that terminology :)

For us, this is center, though not directly related to academics:

Proverbs 20:9

Even a child makes himself known by his acts, whether what does is pure and right.

• gacgbaker
    February 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Dueteronomy 6:6-7 is one of my favorites, it reminds me that every moment is a moment we should be teaching our children in some way- not lecturing but teaching them by talking to them...

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Isaiah 38:19

19 The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

Psalm 78:3-8  Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us. We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done. For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should teach them to their children, That the generation to come might know, [even] the children [yet] to be born, [That] they may arise and tell [them] to their children, That they should put their confidence in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments, And not be like their fathers, A stubborn and rebellious generation, A generation that did not prepare its heart, And whose spirit was not faithful to God

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    I love these!
  • wunderwifey
    February 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    me too! I'm trying to compile a list for reference purposes.

Quoting mem82:

I love these!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN