Homeschooling Moms

CowgirlMama0508
Pulling them out mid year??
February 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Ok, our original plan was to let the girls finish this school year in public schools (Til may) and start homeschooling this fall. But my youngest daughter is STILL not being corrected on spelling her name (at home she does it perfect, but every paper I get from school says Maison. Instead of madison) my oldest came home yesterday calling her brother a "dork turd" I'm like where did you learn that? She said her PE coach calls them dork turds when they don't do it right or when they don't listen. I'm really tired of them putting up with that..I'm really wanting to pull them out now instead of later. Have any of you done that? How did the kids adjust? Mine know we are homeschooling next year. If we do pull them now, would you start their curriculum (now) for next year? Or keep them with stuff they are doing in their current grade?

Replies

• irvinehiker
    February 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Several years ago I had to make the same decision.  I chose to let dd stay in and finish the year out.  I wish I had pulled her out and deschooled for the rest of the year.   

Homeschooling Moms