Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
lilpunkin18
Indiana Virtual Schools
February 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I will have a 1st grader & a Preschooler in the fall. I plan to homeschool the kids next year, but I definitely want to use a structured online program with teachings & teacher support. I have been checking out different Indiana programs online & there seems to be so many that it is a little overwhelming! K12 & Connections Academy seem to be the main programs, there is also IN Cyber which is new this year. Connections Academy & IN Cyber sound like they are a charter school. We would love to travel within the next 5 years, so a program that we can take with us would be ideal! If anybody knows anything on Indiana's virtual schools, I would love to hear any input! Thanks so much:)

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    February 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Not a fan of virtual academies, but here's a bump for you.

• pamelathemommy
    February 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM

No information, but we are in Indiana as well and just starting to look at our options and decide what type of curriculum we want to use. I will be watching to see the recommendations.

• blueyedbaker
    February 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

My kids don't like having to learn from the computer. My oldest likes to type out her reports or search the web when she has to do a report but to have to do her work on it she doesn't like it so I'm no help either. Sorry.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Virtual public schools are still public schools & are going to have high demands on you & your time. Just something for you to consider. 

• Coloradogirl026
    February 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Hey lilpunkin18!

That's so cool that you're homeschooling your little ones.  So many of my friends homeschool, and they LOVE IT!  Even though I chose not to follow the same path, I think they're super-moms (insert super-hero cape here LOL).

Anyway, I don't know if this will be helpful, but I've come across this article in my work with a family and parenting ministry.  It looks like it lists various teaching models and includes a link to curricula based on each particular style.  Good luck - I hope you find what you're looking for!

• ColtsFan1912
    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

No clue but I'm in Indiana too :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts