Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
lilpunkin18
Indiana Virtual Schools
February 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I will have a 1st grader & a Preschooler in the fall. I plan to homeschool the kids next year, but I definitely want to use a structured online program with teachings & teacher support. I have been checking out different Indiana programs online & there seems to be so many that it is a little overwhelming! K12 & Connections Academy seem to be the main programs, there is also IN Cyber which is new this year. Connections Academy & IN Cyber sound like they are a charter school. We would love to travel within the next 5 years, so a program that we can take with us would be ideal! If anybody knows anything on Indiana's virtual schools, I would love to hear any input! Thanks so much:)

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    February 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Not a fan of virtual academies, but here's a bump for you.

• pamelathemommy
    February 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM

No information, but we are in Indiana as well and just starting to look at our options and decide what type of curriculum we want to use. I will be watching to see the recommendations.

• blueyedbaker
    February 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

My kids don't like having to learn from the computer. My oldest likes to type out her reports or search the web when she has to do a report but to have to do her work on it she doesn't like it so I'm no help either. Sorry.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Virtual public schools are still public schools & are going to have high demands on you & your time. Just something for you to consider. 

• Coloradogirl026
    February 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Hey lilpunkin18!

That's so cool that you're homeschooling your little ones.  So many of my friends homeschool, and they LOVE IT!  Even though I chose not to follow the same path, I think they're super-moms (insert super-hero cape here LOL).

Anyway, I don't know if this will be helpful, but I've come across this article in my work with a family and parenting ministry.  It looks like it lists various teaching models and includes a link to curricula based on each particular style.  Good luck - I hope you find what you're looking for!

• ColtsFan1912
    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

No clue but I'm in Indiana too :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN