Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
CowgirlMama0508
Printers...
February 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I'm looking at getting a new printer. Right now I have a cheap HP and although the ink if fairly cheap, it's getting expensive (I know it'll only get more expensive lol) but what type of printer do y'all use and how many pages can you get off one cartridge of ink??

Replies

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    February 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    I have a HP Photosmart all in one printer. I've never paid attention to how many pages I can get from it though. I know I get more b&w pages than colored ones.
  • leighp1
    by leighp1
    February 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I have a Canon printer/scanner and I really never counted pages, but I do know it depends on the ink.  We have cartridge world here and it's great because they give teacher discounts (and I am a substitute teacher with a badge.  whahoo...LOL), but I have found their ink does not last long at all.  The really crazy thing is my printer only cost about $30 new.  To replace the ink cost about the same amount.  Sometimes I just want to buy a new one instead of the ink.  I will say that the canon inks seem to last quite a while because I print A LOT!!!

• mommy242012
    February 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    I have a Kodak wireless printer and I love it. It costs be 30-40 for a two pack of ink, I print all the time and it is great on ink. I also like the fact its wireless I can print from anywhere in the house, plus print from my cell and tablet if I wanted too. I didn't think it was that expensive 69 plus tax. I also have two HP printers and hate them they only lasted a few months and ink is incredibly expensive.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I have a brother and it used an extended print system.  I just add ink directly to it.  I bought a liter of black and 3 colors for $40 and it will last me for years.  I bought the ink 2 years ago and the ink bottles are still 3/4 full.  I highly recommend this system.  We bought the printer for around $60 I believe.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    February 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have an Epson Workforce all-in-one. I used to have to replace ink cartridges monthly with my HP. Now, it is about twice per year! I love the features---it automatically prints double sided, for one.

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I have a HP LaserJet 1102w and it's awesome. I get probably at least 600 pages per thing of toner. It's a good quality print and it prints extremly fast.

• kirbymom
    February 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Mine is also an HP.  Mine is decent. With my kids, I try to not get too expensive as they are a physical bunch. lol  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN