Homeschooling Moms

armygirl16
I'm getting a little organized finally!
February 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I finally got some organizing of our homeschool supplies done! I bought some expedit shelves at ikea. I love them :) I'll post more photos later (I'm mobile).

Replies

• starbeck96
    February 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Leftover shelving units?  Did you just go in and ask for them? 

Quoting kirbymom:

We made ours from left over shelving units from Big Lots.  Much cheaper and does the same job. :) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Those are the kind of shelves I want.  I just can't decide whether to build or buy and I have to save up the money for them

• kirbymom
    February 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

You can. At the time my hubby was working for them and watched first hand them throwing away so much. So, he just asked them if he could buy it from them and he bought several left over shelving units from them.  They will also throw away perfectly decent furniture from their showroom floor as it is only for show purposes and if they no longer get any more of that particular type of furniture, then it is no longer something they can sell anymore. Hence, them throwing away so much!  He also got a $250 17' Flat screen monitor from walmarts for $50, because of the same thing as Big Lots.  There was nothing wrong with it either. 

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

We made ours from left over shelving units from Big Lots.  Much cheaper and does the same job. :) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Those are the kind of shelves I want.  I just can't decide whether to build or buy and I have to save up the money for them

• starbeck96
    February 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Wow.  I will have to check into that the next time I am at a Big Lots store.  They may look at me like I'm crazy, but no harm done..lol.  Same thing for Walmart.

Quoting kirbymom:

You can. At the time my hubby was working for them and watched first hand them throwing away so much. So, he just asked them if he could buy it from them and he bought several left over shelving units from them.  They will also throw away perfectly decent furniture from their showroom floor as it is only for show purposes and if they no longer get any more of that particular type of furniture, then it is no longer something they can sell anymore. Hence, them throwing away so much!  He also got a $250 17' Flat screen monitor from walmarts for $50, because of the same thing as Big Lots.  There was nothing wrong with it either. 

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

• kirbymom
    February 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM

lol >  You might want to tell them that you are a homeschooling family that is looking for some great deals.

You could play one place against the other and see who will give you the better deal.  lol   We do that on occasion. :) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Wow.  I will have to check into that the next time I am at a Big Lots store.  They may look at me like I'm crazy, but no harm done..lol.  Same thing for Walmart.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

• starbeck96
    February 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Thank you. 

Quoting kirbymom:

lol >  You might want to tell them that you are a homeschooling family that is looking for some great deals.

You could play one place against the other and see who will give you the better deal.  lol   We do that on occasion. :) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

• kirbymom
    February 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

You are welcome.  :) 

Quoting starbeck96:

Thank you. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting starbeck96:

Homeschooling Moms