Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BramblePatch
Which National Park?
February 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
These are our vacation choices for this September. Which sounds better?

3 days in Yellowstone National Park and 3 days in Jackson Hole

OR

3 Days at Glacier National Park and 2 days at Silverwood (a theme park like Knotts but in Northern Idaho)

Replies

• rockinfirekitty
    February 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I would say Yellowstone but Im a little bias I worked there a few seasons lol

I think there is a lot more appreciation for our land shown in Yellowstone than in Glacier though. Then again its just personal opinion.

• BramblePatch
    February 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    I have not been to Yellowstone in 15 years and Glacier since I was 4....Yellowstone is closer. 4 hours....whereas Glacier is a long days drive.

Quoting rockinfirekitty:

I would say Yellowstone but Im a little bias I worked there a few seasons lol

I think there is a lot more appreciation for our land shown in Yellowstone than in Glacier though. Then again its just personal opinion.

• rockinfirekitty
    February 17, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Yes I can see then. However you might want to take the kids out to Glacier Park just to see it before its gone. The melting rate when up by more than half this summer and summer before last if I remember correctly. So unfortunately you probably have less time to see Glacier then Yellowstone. Unless the stone  goes off soon LMAO

• bluerooffarm
    February 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I want to see Glacier so bad!  But I live in Pennsylvania, so way too far to go there until my kids are much older (youngest is 4, plus the van's engine is in pieces in the basement).  I've never been to Glacier and I would like to see it before it is gone.

ETA:  Then again, I haven't seen Yellowstone since I was little.

• kirbymom
    February 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM

3 days in Yellowstone National Park and 3 days in Jackson Hole!!!!!   

• irvinehiker
    February 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That's a tough choice.  I would vote for Glacier.  I have not seen any of those so all would be exciting for me.  You are so lucky to be within driving distance from so many neat places!

• CJsMommy040506
    February 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yellowstone no doubt! We live in GA and can't afford to fly, I daydream about going there.

• ColtsFan1912
    February 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM

they both sound amazing. . .Glacier would be my pick. I've been to Yellowstone but enver Glacier so I'd love to see Glacier.

Both sound awesome though and would be a blast.

• KLove_Mom
    February 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Before you pick, make sure you do your research on what areas of those national parks are actually open in September.

SOme of the back country roads in that area are only open June-August. It just might effect what you decide to do.

• hipmomto3
    February 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

^Good point. We really want to go to Isle National Park, but the dates it's operational are pretty narrow and may not line up with our vacation dates.

Have fun whatever you choose! We have a goal as a family to visit a national park every year. We aren't very good at it unfortunately. We have been to Arches and Mammoth Cave. :) 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts