Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BramblePatch
BJU?
February 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I am looking at BJU Math K5 and 2 for the kids next year....as well as English 2 and Spelling 2 for DS. Is anyone using this? Thoughts?

Replies

• CowgirlMama0508
    February 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    We haven't used them. But I bought everything for math 2 and English 2 (teacher edition, workbook, tests and answer keys) and I love the way they are laid out. The teachers edition is very thorough and very good at explaining everything :-) hope that helped
  • BramblePatch
    February 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    Does the English 2 look like is covers grammar thoroughly? Or even at all?

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

We haven't used them. But I bought everything for math 2 and English 2 (teacher edition, workbook, tests and answer keys) and I love the way they are laid out. The teachers edition is very thorough and very good at explaining everything :-) hope that helped

• CowgirlMama0508
    February 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    Yes ma'am. There's 160 lessons and it covers EVERYTHING lol

Quoting BramblePatch:

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

• CowgirlMama0508
    February 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    If you'll give me your email address, I'll be glad to email you some pictures from the book. Or you can go to their website and it'll let you "look in the book" at a few lessons

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

Yes ma'am. There's 160 lessons and it covers EVERYTHING lol

Quoting BramblePatch:

Quoting CowgirlMama0508:

• CJsMommy040506
    February 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    I'm looking into BJU for my kids, the same age as well. I'm thinking of using it just for English, then All About Spelling and All About Reading. My cousin suggest BJU and uses it for all subjects with her kids. Another homeschooing mom at church I talked to doesn't like it. I'm want something very thorough English for my 7 year old.
  • kirbymom
    February 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

We thought about them back when we first new we were going to homeschool but just decided that we really didn't/couldn't spend the money.  

• bren_darlene
    February 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Their math is the only one that I cared for.  I used it for a few years only because I got it cheap used. I like ABeka much better.  The least favorite of theirs for us is their science.  Most favorite is their high school book "World History".  That one book is the only BJU that I still use. It is really a good one :-)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

ive used bju english(a christian curr) it covered everything they need to know!  and they have the child start on journaling which was neat!

the spelling ive used also, i thought it was boring! but the child i used it on can sure spell good!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts