Homeschooling Moms

BramblePatch
OT...Lip Balm???
February 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I have a killer recipe for homemade lip balm. I make it in small batches in little tins. My friends all wait for the days I make it and keep telling me to sell it. I figured out I could make 94-100 tubes for $70, including tubes and labels. I have a couple friends whio own stores and will set them out on the counter for no charge. What should I charge? What would you pay for an all natural, organic lip balm? I was thinking $2.50 or so.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    How big is the tin of lip balm? I always miss place or lose my lip balm & chap sticks so I don't like to spend a lot on them. I would be more likely to buy something like that if I could get a discount on buying more then one like you could sale them $2.50 apiece or 2 for $4.00 or something like that.
  • BramblePatch
    February 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    the tin is 0.18oz. A normal tube is.0.10-0.12oz
  • kirbymom
    February 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

post a picture of one that you have made.  :) 

• bluerooffarm
    February 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The local beekeeper guy sells his tubes of lip balm for nearly $4. 

• Maida265
    February 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I was going to say I would probably pay up to $3.00 if I liked it well enough.

• BramblePatch
    February 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    I will when I get to my desk top. It won't have labels, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

• kirbymom
    February 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Awesome. I think that if you have something worth puttin' out  there, you should definitely give it some serious thought. :)  

Quoting BramblePatch:

I will when I get to my desk top. It won't have labels, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

• irvinehiker
    February 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I think i would pay around $3/tin.  Especially if I knew all the ingrediants that went into.  I would also take into consideration all the work that went into making it.   

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I cant remember how much I pay for burts bees, but a friend of mine used to make and sell hers for $2.50 each
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Hers were in chapstick type tubes though, idk if it would be more or less for tins. I like the tube because I dont like sticking my finger in it. Or is there another way you use it?

Homeschooling Moms