Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BramblePatch
OT...Lip Balm???
February 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I have a killer recipe for homemade lip balm. I make it in small batches in little tins. My friends all wait for the days I make it and keep telling me to sell it. I figured out I could make 94-100 tubes for $70, including tubes and labels. I have a couple friends whio own stores and will set them out on the counter for no charge. What should I charge? What would you pay for an all natural, organic lip balm? I was thinking $2.50 or so.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    How big is the tin of lip balm? I always miss place or lose my lip balm & chap sticks so I don't like to spend a lot on them. I would be more likely to buy something like that if I could get a discount on buying more then one like you could sale them $2.50 apiece or 2 for $4.00 or something like that.
  • BramblePatch
    February 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    the tin is 0.18oz. A normal tube is.0.10-0.12oz
  • kirbymom
    February 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

post a picture of one that you have made.  :) 

• bluerooffarm
    February 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The local beekeeper guy sells his tubes of lip balm for nearly $4. 

• Maida265
    February 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I was going to say I would probably pay up to $3.00 if I liked it well enough.

• BramblePatch
    February 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    I will when I get to my desk top. It won't have labels, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

• kirbymom
    February 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Awesome. I think that if you have something worth puttin' out  there, you should definitely give it some serious thought. :)  

Quoting BramblePatch:

I will when I get to my desk top. It won't have labels, though.

Quoting kirbymom:

• irvinehiker
    February 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I think i would pay around $3/tin.  Especially if I knew all the ingrediants that went into.  I would also take into consideration all the work that went into making it.   

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I cant remember how much I pay for burts bees, but a friend of mine used to make and sell hers for $2.50 each
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Hers were in chapstick type tubes though, idk if it would be more or less for tins. I like the tube because I dont like sticking my finger in it. Or is there another way you use it?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts