Homeschooling Moms

blueyedbaker
First grade books
February 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm looking for books for my first grader to read. She has a nice supply of books she likes to read on her book shelf but she needs some new material. I like ordering from the library. Can anyone recommend a book series for 1st grade girls?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    Junie B?
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    Ramona Quimby ?
  • blueyedbaker
    February 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My oldest has all the book sets, I never thought to see if my youngest would like them. It seems that she started to like them is second grade so that's probably why I never thought to ask her figured they were above her reading level.

I'm having my daughter look through Junie B first grader: shipwrecked, right now! See what she thinks.

Quoting mem82:

Junie B?

• blueyedbaker
    February 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Is that the title? I searched it on the library website and couldn't find it.

Quoting usmom3:

Ramona Quimby ?

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    My daughter loved them at that age. 8)

Quoting blueyedbaker:

My oldest has all the book sets, I never thought to see if my youngest would like them. It seems that she started to like them is second grade so that's probably why I never thought to ask her figured they were above her reading level.

I'm having my daughter look through Junie B first grader: shipwrecked, right now! See what she thinks.

Quoting mem82:

Junie B?

• blueyedbaker
    February 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I had her read a couple pages and she did not like it at all. She picked out words that didn't make sense to her like "roger throwed up on the floor" she's like mom that's not how you say that, he threw up not throwed up. Maybe next year. 

Quoting mem82:

My daughter loved them at that age. 8)

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Quoting mem82:

Junie B?

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    Little House in the Big Woods?
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    No there are a bunch of them & the first book is called Ramona & Beezus . Here is a link that has the name of all the books http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramona_(novel_series)

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Is that the title? I searched it on the library website and couldn't find it.

Quoting usmom3:

Ramona Quimby ?

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Here is a site that has a list of popular first grade level books. http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/ar-1st-grade-level
  • SP_Mama
    by SP_Mama
    February 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    SS is reading The Magic School Bus in school and The Boxcar Children at home.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts