Homeschooling Moms

SchoolofSmock
share your homeschooling experience?
February 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Hi, Homeschooling Moms.

I looked carefully at the group guideines, and I think it's okay to ask this.  (Please feel free to contact me if it's not.)  I'm not actually a homeschooing mom (at least not yet :)).  I'm a researcher and writer who is starting a research study about homeschooling families' experiences.  Homeschooing was never one of my research interests as a doctoral candidate in education, but through a series of events -- including writing a couple of articles and getting to know a homeschooling family -- I have become very interested in the topic.  As an education researcher, I don't think there is enough good research on families' experiences with this increasing trend.  In short, homeschooling parents' voices are not being heard enough in the education community.

There was a research article in Home Education Magazine -- if any of you subscribe to that -- that talked about my recent writing about homeschooling called: "Education Innovator Looks at Homeschooling."

Here is a link to my survey and more information about it.  I would never share names or any identifying information. 

The survey link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/schoolofsmock

Thanks!  Again, I hope that's it okay to post this.  I'm trying to get as wide of a group of respondents as I possible can.  :)

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Out of curiosity, where else are you getting your samples of homeschoolers? I
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I did it for you!

• AutymsMommy
    February 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I might also suggest you check out The Well Trained Mind forums!

• kttycat84
    February 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I took the survey for you :) If you'd like, I could/would share it with a local homeschooling FB group I'm part of.

• bether89
    February 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I took the survey.

• SchoolofSmock
    February 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Thank you guys so much!  Feel free to share it to any Facebook groups or homeschooing groups in which you participate.  So far, I've been working with Lisa Nielsen and her Facebook group to help me craft the questions and have gotten a lot of response from that group and a few others.  I've also had some input from Penelope Trunk (who wrote a recent post about my writing on homeschooling). 

• SchoolofSmock
    February 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Thank you for the Well-Trained Mind suggestion, by the way!

• kttycat84
    February 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I shared it with my FB group. I wish you lots of luck with your research!!

• bren_darlene
    February 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Finished :-)

Homeschooling Moms