Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mamabens
Would you participate in this??
February 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Just got a letter from the school board inviting us to participate in Title IIA, Title IV & Idea B. They are federally funded programs that  provide supplimental services. Im just really leery of it & wondered your thoughts.

Replies

• tiredmomfor2
    February 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    I personally would not participate..but that is just me. :)
  • Silverkitty
    February 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I'd take a LONG look at what they are exactly.  Not sure I would depending on the strings that are attached.  Sometimes it's nice to be able to use some of the programs, specially if they offer things that you would like to do with your child but can not.  My daughter might end up taking some classes at the school in high school or joining some of the clubs, depending where we are and what the laws are.

• mamabens
    February 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It made it sound like it's mainly for kids with  special needs(my youngest daughter has sensory issues & aspergers, which is why we pulled her out of public school, long story), I personally am leaning towards not doing it, mainly because it's seeming like the gov & county will get into my business so to speak & I don't like that!

• Silverkitty
    February 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

If it's like that, then I wouldn't do it either.

Quoting mamabens:

It made it sound like it's mainly for kids with  special needs(my youngest daughter has sensory issues & aspergers, which is why we pulled her out of public school, long story), I personally am leaning towards not doing it, mainly because it's seeming like the gov & county will get into my business so to speak & I don't like that!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I wouldn't want anything to do with it but I don't trust anything the government offers.

• JuicyRedTomato
    February 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Nope. I wouldn't be interested, but that's just me.

• mamabens
    February 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yeah after reading it again I think we're gonna pass. It would be a nice opportunity but I'm leery about it. I'm gonna trust my gut.

• somuchlove4U
    February 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    Always trust your gut.

Quoting mamabens:

Yeah after reading it again I think we're gonna pass. It would be a nice opportunity but I'm leery about it. I'm gonna trust my gut.

• bluerooffarm
    February 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I am pretty burnt when it comes to the governmental school system, so I would not participate. I agree with the "trust your gut" idea!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Our school wants to do something similar.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts