Homeschooling Moms

leighp1
Proud moment
by leighp1
February 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Will be posting to other groups too, so sorry if you see it twice, but that is what proud mommies do.

kissing dad

To start off, my dd has had a migraine for 3 days (hopefully this morning it is gone, but she is still in bed). Yesterday morning I was surfing and doing my normal stuff and she said it was school time.  I kept trying to get her to just lay down, but she insisted that we do school.  We actually had a pretty good time of it too. (that's kind of a proud moment, but not the one I am talking about). So last night we are watching our tv shows as a family and she brings her white board to the couch and starts writing on it.  I am confused and asked her what she was doing.  She said she was going to figure out something that we were doing earlier in math.  She is doing Algebra and one of the things is if it's base is the same, you keep it...etc... Well she wanted to see if she could get the same answer by doing it differently.  *Proud moment*  Then she started drawing.  And she even drew a canteen (we are studying the Civil War in history).  

Now mind you, this is all while suffering a migraine!! She would lay her head down, cover her eyes and then look back up and work some more.  I don't know how she does it, but she did and I am so very proud of her.

Replies

• romacox
    by romacox
    February 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Thank you for sharing.  You have good reason to be proud of her...she is awesome.  woohoo

• lil_mama06
    February 12, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Awww...I hope her migraine goes away...My eldest had one for a week..I took her in to the hospital to get checked out..All they did was give her morphine in an iv (she hated that) and some vicodin for home...

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    That's great! Poor girl, such a trooper. Have you tried chiropractic? It works wonders for migranes! I know several people who no longer get them because they get adjusted. Just wanted to mention it :)
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

awwww thats so neat leigh!! and you didnt even have to push her! and with a headache!!

have you tried Magnesium for the headaches? sometimes a deficiency in that will cause them in adults and kids

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    I hope she feels better.
  • coala
    by coala
    February 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I hope she is feeling better.  I had one yesterday too.  It was one of the worst I have had in a REALLY long time.  I couldn't even get out of bed.  So, glad she was able to push through.

• kirbymom
    February 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM

That is wonderful!  But I hope she feels better soon. 

• Deanna155
    February 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That's great!  Hope she feels better soon.

good

• Jami134
    by Jami134
    February 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Awwww, what a trooper! :-)

Homeschooling Moms