Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
tiredmomfor2
Homeschooling or Parenting?
February 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Yesterday was one of those day..Winter is getting to everyone, we were climbing the walls. The youngest climbed up the book shelf, got the finger pain, finger painted my bedroom carpet, then wiped her hands on my bedding. The older two fought non stop and ended up in trouble. The brand new jug of creamer fell out of the fridge and exploded everywhere in the kitchen. The youngest climbed up the front of the washer (no joke, she doesn't even need a stool. She is 2 and is the size of a 1 yr old) got out my make up and dumped it. Of course it was the expensive stuff.
The house looks like a bomb went off, and every time I turn around there is a miss..a big mess.
*sigh*
It was just one of those days that I was lucky to get every to bedtime alive and healthy. Lol
I absolutely love homeschooling and being a SAHM, wouldn't change it for the world. It is what I always wanted to do growing up.
However, I often find myself wondering if days like that are normal for all mothers. You know...just normal parenting kind of bad days..or if it is compounded by the fact that we homeschool and are together 24/7?
Or maybe it is the fact that it is the dead of Winter?
*sigh*

Replies

• tiredmomfor2
    February 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Thankfully..today has been better.
  • AutymsMommy
    February 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Normal parenting kind of day

*hugs*

My younger two (who aren't formally homeschooling yet) cause far more trouble than my eldest (formally homeschooling) - so they would be wreaking havoc regardless of my decision to homeschool. Lol.

My husband jokes that if there were less of an age gap, I probably wouldn't care WHERE they went to school, so long as they were gone. He's probably right. Lol. Thank God for that age gap (my eldest is 11 and very responsible; younger two are boys aged almost 4 years and a 7 month old).

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    That is normal. We all have bad days. We are getting cabin fever too.
  • debramommyof4
    February 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Next time push out an area in the house and turn on some music and all of you dance.  My kids have those days.  I think they seem worse for us being together all the time.  My kids are 7, 6, 4, and 2.5. 

• kirbymom
    February 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Awww sweetheart! You are definitely having a  * Normal * day. Normal for the home life and normal for your schooling too.   And yes it is also " cabin fever ".  Everyone goes through this a time or two and even at different levels or degrees of it. Some lighter, some moderate and some feel it so much they feel like they are going to explode on the next issue that arises. :)  You just take a deep breath hold for a second or two, then let it out a bit slowly and grit your teeth and fix the issue and then, move on, ever vigilant of the * next * moment to arise.  lol  And repeating the same process over again. 

Baby steps, sweety, baby steps.

One Day At A Time.

Until eventualy, our kids are almost grown and we stop and are amazed and woondering how we ever made it to that point.  lol  Yep. I have been there-done that, and even bought the t-shirts and key rings and the whole nine yards.  :) 

• KrissyKC
    February 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Sometimes I think we homeschooling moms do have it tougher regarding our kids... but then the flip side, I see lots of moms that public school (not all) that say that they can't WAIT until their kids are back in school, or they dread the holidays coming up, or summer break drives them bonkers...

And then I wonder, if we don't have a better relationship sometimes because we are together a lot, and other than the stressful moments, having my kids around is like breathing... they are just a part of me.

Then again, I want a break once in a while, too.   I'd love to have that mom that I can take the kids to even once every month and come home and clean or just relax.   I don't though... if we have a sitter, we have to pay for it...

• tiredmomfor2
    February 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    Um yep..you just described my situation as well. I have zero help besides my husband. I do have my SIL next door, but we both homeschool and between us there are 9 kids. So we only ask the other for help when it is absolutely necessary. :) I don't mind how things are. Although the idea of cleaning all by myself sounds like heaven! And yes I know quite a few moms who say they can't wait for their kids to go back to school or that they dread the weekends. That honestly makes me sad.
    I really do enjoy being with my kids and rarely need to get away, but some days if one more person says 'Mom', I feel as if I could pull my air out! Haha
    I think part of the problem is the toddler. She is into everything, nothing is out of her reach. Literally nothing. If she wants something she will find a way to get it. Here is hoping that determination will rub off on her school work when she is older. ;) lol she is also in that 'trying to give up naps but not quite ready' stage. So she crashes too early then wakes up and is up until 2:30 am. Lol

Quoting KrissyKC:

Sometimes I think we homeschooling moms do have it tougher regarding our kids... but then the flip side, I see lots of moms that public school (not all) that say that they can't WAIT until their kids are back in school, or they dread the holidays coming up, or summer break drives them bonkers...

And then I wonder, if we don't have a better relationship sometimes because we are together a lot, and other than the stressful moments, having my kids around is like breathing... they are just a part of me.

Then again, I want a break once in a while, too.   I'd love to have that mom that I can take the kids to even once every month and come home and clean or just relax.   I don't though... if we have a sitter, we have to pay for it...

• tiredmomfor2
    February 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    Thanks Kirby. :)
    I was taking a lot of deep breaths yesterday. I think it is 75% the toddler. She is at a very trying age. I remember the other two being like this, just not to this degree. In the last three days she has gotten into my make up twice(in the highest cabinet possible in the laundry room above the machines), 'painted' my computer desk and filing cabinet and herself with diaper cream, painted my bedroom carpet and comforter with finger paint,(again on the highest shelf), and opened a child safety latch on the baked goods and decorated the kitchen with baking soda. Lol she is just very very adventurous and very capable of getting into anything and everything she wants. It is just her personality..lol the other two were not this adventurous! Lol

Quoting kirbymom:

Awww sweetheart! You are definitely having a  * Normal * day. Normal for the home life and normal for your schooling too.   And yes it is also " cabin fever ".  Everyone goes through this a time or two and even at different levels or degrees of it. Some lighter, some moderate and some feel it so much they feel like they are going to explode on the next issue that arises. :)  You just take a deep breath hold for a second or two, then let it out a bit slowly and grit your teeth and fix the issue and then, move on, ever vigilant of the * next * moment to arise.  lol  And repeating the same process over again. 

Baby steps, sweety, baby steps.

One Day At A Time.

Until eventualy, our kids are almost grown and we stop and are amazed and woondering how we ever made it to that point.  lol  Yep. I have been there-done that, and even bought the t-shirts and key rings and the whole nine yards.  :) 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I would say that is normal life with kids stuff, the families that have kids in public school just have those days & moments concentrated down where as for us it is spreed out through out a day or a few days. I personally think it is worse for the family's that have kids in school because it doesn't matter if the day starts out bad you still have to have the kids out the door & at school at a specific time no matter if the baby just dumped your make up or not & you can't have a day off because of all the things going wrong you still have to slap a smile on your face becauseyou might see the kids teacher. But us homeschoolers can cancel any & all outings & say we are not going in public today because we are having an off day.

• kittyfaery
    February 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    Your two year old sounds like my two year old. The kid climbs everything and is constantly making messes. My husband calls him little Picasso because he is always coloring on the walls.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts