Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BunnyGirl82
OT- Americal girl doll! Defected?
February 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM

This past Christmas, my daughter received an American Girl Doll. These dolls are very pricey IMO at $120+ a piece! Now for this kind of money I would expect a perfect doll, am I right?

Anyways, when the doll came in, it has some scuff looking marks on it. So, I called the company and they immediately sent out a new one. Well, the new one came and it too had the same marks, but different spots. So, again I called the company and they sent out a 3rd doll. I am thinking by now, surly they will check this doll prior to sending to insure perfection. Long story short, It too has scuff marks on the body!!!!

I am just so aggravated that this pricey doll has obvious poor craftsmanship :(

Has anyone else had issue like this?

Not sure what to do. My daughter loves her doll, but of course we both our disappointed with the marks. Debating whether to demand a refund or at least a discount....

Thoughts?

TIA :)

My American Girl Doll was...
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 80% - Perfect
  2. 10% - Defected
  3. 10% - Defected, but sent a perfect replacement

Replies

• hipmomto3
    February 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

We have 1 American Girl doll, and we have 1 Journey Girl ($20 at TRU) and 1 other... the Target type, I forget the name, also around $20-$30. They are all similar, but the AG doll is definitely MUCH higher quality. The hair is thick and soft, the stitches are very secure. The bodies of the cheaper dolls are mostly hard and very light, where the AG doll body is thick and heavy. 

Also with AG dolls, if they become dirty or torn up, you can ship them to the 'doll hospital' for a fee (not a lot - I want to say around $20) and they will totally refurbish the doll and send her back to you, good as new. 

Quoting Boobah:

That's crazy. I wonder how they are different from those dolls at target for $20. I just can't see why people spend so much. (That was not a knock at you, I am genuinely curious what the deal is. Lol)

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    So a good idea would be to buy a torn up doll and ship that bad boy To get cleaned up. Lol

Quoting hipmomto3:

We have 1 American Girl doll, and we have 1 Journey Girl ($20 at TRU) and 1 other... the Target type, I forget the name, also around $20-$30. They are all similar, but the AG doll is definitely MUCH higher quality. The hair is thick and soft, the stitches are very secure. The bodies of the cheaper dolls are mostly hard and very light, where the AG doll body is thick and heavy. 

Also with AG dolls, if they become dirty or torn up, you can ship them to the 'doll hospital' for a fee (not a lot - I want to say around $20) and they will totally refurbish the doll and send her back to you, good as new. 

Quoting Boobah:

That's crazy. I wonder how they are different from those dolls at target for $20. I just can't see why people spend so much. (That was not a knock at you, I am genuinely curious what the deal is. Lol)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN