Homeschooling Moms

QueenCreole313
BIG THANK YOU!
February 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hey ladies! I just wanted to thank all of you who gave me such great advice over the last few weeks. I have adopted a more relaxed approach to homeschooling and have also given the reigns to my son in certain subjects (aka unschooling). I have seen the benefits of this tremendously! My son has decided he is "obsessed with the science of matter". He wants to learn physics! I found great tools online and he has been watching YouTube videos on the subject. I am must happier and so is my little man. Thank you all for your wonderful advice!

blowing kisses

Replies

• KickButtMama
    February 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

That's so awesome!

• coala
    by coala
    February 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That is amazing!!!  Glad that you found an approach that works!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Too cool!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

So happy for the both of you!

• kirbymom
    February 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Oh how Wonderful!  

• tuffymama
    February 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    That's so great! I get the best ideas here and from the other homeschool group. Most important to me, I get reassurance and encouragement, and I'm so grateful. So excited for your budding scientist!
  • motheroffour186
    February 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quoting tuffymama:

That's so great! I get the best ideas here and from the other homeschool group. Most important to me, I get reassurance and encouragement, and I'm so grateful. So excited for your budding scientist!

That is so correct I wish I would have found this site when I started home school my children preschool and second grade. However, they are helping now.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM

yea queen!!!!!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Awesome! I love this group, they have helped me SO MUCH over the last couple years.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

That is awesome.  I did physics with my boys last year and it was so much fun.  I highly recommend doing marshmallow catapult using mouse traps.  It was so easy and a lot of fun.  I did have to submit a few rules.  They started targeting our cats.  LOL  Our cats were not crazy about it either.  

Homeschooling Moms