Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
impmprd
Trusting my instincts
by impmprd
February 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hi, I am Kathy, mom of 3 awesome children ages 14, 7, and 3.  I homeschooled my oldes for 2nd and half of 3rd grade, and now I am homeschooling my 1st grader and don't see me ever going back.  I regret not working out the kinks that motivated me to put my oldest back in public school.  We live & learn.  I get great strength from the support of my hubby and most of my friends, but face great criticism from my family.  I am tired of other people telling me what's best for my child when my instincts, or promptings I receive tell me otherwise.  I'm done with it.  I have learned a ton of information about how my kids tick and how to honor them as people from my new favorite book, The Child Whisperer by Carol Tuttle.  IT's only $17 on Amazon and seriously it is the parenting manual we all joke about that we wish our children came with.  It even helps me understand my husband a lot better.  Thanks for having this group for us to support and encourage each other.  Have a Happy day!

Replies

• TigerofMu
    February 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

group hug

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Welcome Kathy, so happy for you that you have found the path that is right for you & your family & are not afraid to go down it.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

welcome kathy! homeschooling is a way of life!!!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Welcome! I'm glad you followed your instincts!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN