Homeschooling Moms

impmprd
Trusting my instincts
by impmprd
February 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Hi, I am Kathy, mom of 3 awesome children ages 14, 7, and 3.  I homeschooled my oldes for 2nd and half of 3rd grade, and now I am homeschooling my 1st grader and don't see me ever going back.  I regret not working out the kinks that motivated me to put my oldest back in public school.  We live & learn.  I get great strength from the support of my hubby and most of my friends, but face great criticism from my family.  I am tired of other people telling me what's best for my child when my instincts, or promptings I receive tell me otherwise.  I'm done with it.  I have learned a ton of information about how my kids tick and how to honor them as people from my new favorite book, The Child Whisperer by Carol Tuttle.  IT's only $17 on Amazon and seriously it is the parenting manual we all joke about that we wish our children came with.  It even helps me understand my husband a lot better.  Thanks for having this group for us to support and encourage each other.  Have a Happy day!

Replies

• TigerofMu
    February 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

group hug

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Welcome Kathy, so happy for you that you have found the path that is right for you & your family & are not afraid to go down it.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

welcome kathy! homeschooling is a way of life!!!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Welcome! I'm glad you followed your instincts!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts