Homeschooling Moms

oredeb
ot: has anyone used wicks.com to make a website?
by oredeb
February 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

hi i have questions!!

have you used wicks.com for making a website before?

did you like it

what you didnt like

and whats the difference between blog and website

and do you think blogspot is better or wicks is??

any other site building places  like that for making a garden site , that is easy to understand, easy to use and lets you put lots of pictures on? oh yea and is free!

Replies

• Handmadewings
    February 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Hi!

I am a Photographer and I actually had a Wix website when I first started a few years ago. I found it to be pretty dissapointing. It was fairly complicated compared to other providers such as Blogger. I was very limited in my options of templates and customizations and overall, the site ends up looking unprofessional.

My biggest complaint was the fact that there is NO customer service to speak of. You can't even find contact information to get hold of anyone (even by email). When I needed to close my account it was absolutely impossible! And for months afterwards I continued to be charged for an account I had closed. I had to close my bank account to stop the charges. 

I would recomend Blogger for something like a gardening site if you are a beginner and just want something easy to use. Wordpress is great for someone with a little more versed in writing code if you want comeplete control over customization. 

For my two cents... I would avoid Wix! 

Good luck!! :)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

thanks handmade!!!  that was a great explanation!!!

i have blogger now but they said i cant put no more pictures on! and i dont know what to do about that!(dont want to lose every thing) hahaha i guess i have to delete everything! (garden blog) so was looking for something as easy as it and where i can put lots of pictures and not worry about to many!

Quoting Handmadewings:

Hi!

I am a Photographer and I actually had a Wix website when I first started a few years ago. I found it to be pretty dissapointing. It was fairly complicated compared to other providers such as Blogger. I was very limited in my options of templates and customizations and overall, the site ends up looking unprofessional.

My biggest complaint was the fact that there is NO customer service to speak of. You can't even find contact information to get hold of anyone (even by email). When I needed to close my account it was absolutely impossible! And for months afterwards I continued to be charged for an account I had closed. I had to close my bank account to stop the charges. 

I would recomend Blogger for something like a gardening site if you are a beginner and just want something easy to use. Wordpress is great for someone with a little more versed in writing code if you want comeplete control over customization. 

For my two cents... I would avoid Wix! 

Good luck!! :)

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

anyone else???

• leighp1
    by leighp1
    February 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I think we have used it once or twice and was disappointed in it.  My daughters, 11 and 15 use Weebly for their websites.  It is extremely easy.  I use 000webhost.com to display my photos ( I haven't updated that in years.  Really need to put that on my "to do" list).  The thing with that one is that I do my own html coding, have never used their templates. 

Now after writing all that, I don't know what help I have given.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM

hi leigh! thanks for answering, well youve confirmed weebly for me! thanks!

someone else told me about them,

wow write your own html!! i wish i could do that! i dont understand really how to do it, but people tell me its easy!

thanks

Quoting leighp1:

I think we have used it once or twice and was disappointed in it.  My daughters, 11 and 15 use Weebly for their websites.  It is extremely easy.  I use 000webhost.com to display my photos ( I haven't updated that in years.  Really need to put that on my "to do" list).  The thing with that one is that I do my own html coding, have never used their templates. 

Now after writing all that, I don't know what help I have given.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts