Homeschooling Moms

starbeck96
Microscopes and telescopes
February 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am looking to buy a microscope and telescope for the kids.  The boys are in 9th grade and my daughter is in kindergarten.  All three of them will be taking astronomy next year.   I want one that they can all use.

For the microscope, it needs to be something that the boys can use for biology and microbiology.  I want one that will hold up so that my daughter can use it when she takes courses that requires a microscope. 

I don't have a lot of money to spend on them.  I would like to spend no more than 100.00 on each. 

Let me know what brands all of you have bought.  Thanks.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We don't have either of them but I have looked at a lot of them on Amazon, there are great reviews to read & some good price variations for different budgets.

• starbeck96
    February 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Thank you.

Quoting usmom3:

We don't have either of them but I have looked at a lot of them on Amazon, there are great reviews to read & some good price variations for different budgets.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

my brands are from my grandpa(very into astronomy gave us one of his real ones) and my aunt who retired and used a microscope for her work gave hers to use so that wont help you!hahahaha

have you checked out this site?? http://www.scientificsonline.com/

also look on craigslist for both!

• starbeck96
    February 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM

THey have some pretty cool stuff.  I will have look at the website again when I have more time. 

I can't really do anything on Craigslist because the ones that are closest to us don't usually have anything.  We live in a small town and the closest town that has a good bit of stuff is about 2 hours from us.

Quoting oredeb:

my brands are from my grandpa(very into astronomy gave us one of his real ones) and my aunt who retired and used a microscope for her work gave hers to use so that wont help you!hahahaha

have you checked out this site?? http://www.scientificsonline.com/

also look on craigslist for both!

Homeschooling Moms