Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
starbeck96
Microscopes and telescopes
February 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am looking to buy a microscope and telescope for the kids.  The boys are in 9th grade and my daughter is in kindergarten.  All three of them will be taking astronomy next year.   I want one that they can all use.

For the microscope, it needs to be something that the boys can use for biology and microbiology.  I want one that will hold up so that my daughter can use it when she takes courses that requires a microscope. 

I don't have a lot of money to spend on them.  I would like to spend no more than 100.00 on each. 

Let me know what brands all of you have bought.  Thanks.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We don't have either of them but I have looked at a lot of them on Amazon, there are great reviews to read & some good price variations for different budgets.

• starbeck96
    February 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Thank you.

Quoting usmom3:

We don't have either of them but I have looked at a lot of them on Amazon, there are great reviews to read & some good price variations for different budgets.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

my brands are from my grandpa(very into astronomy gave us one of his real ones) and my aunt who retired and used a microscope for her work gave hers to use so that wont help you!hahahaha

have you checked out this site?? http://www.scientificsonline.com/

also look on craigslist for both!

• starbeck96
    February 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM

THey have some pretty cool stuff.  I will have look at the website again when I have more time. 

I can't really do anything on Craigslist because the ones that are closest to us don't usually have anything.  We live in a small town and the closest town that has a good bit of stuff is about 2 hours from us.

Quoting oredeb:

my brands are from my grandpa(very into astronomy gave us one of his real ones) and my aunt who retired and used a microscope for her work gave hers to use so that wont help you!hahahaha

have you checked out this site?? http://www.scientificsonline.com/

also look on craigslist for both!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN