Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
How do you use Story of the World?
by mem82
February 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

If there workbooks that go with it? I got the volume one from the library. I thought it would be more text book -like. So what do you all do?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    I can't wait to see it. I am on mobile so I have to wait.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I also found this. It's a free lapbook that looks quite incredible to be honest.

http://runofthemillfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-world-lapbook-for-volume-one.html

sorry not sure how to make it clicky :\

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

clicky clicky clicky

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I also found this. It's a free lapbook that looks quite incredible to be honest.

http://runofthemillfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-world-lapbook-for-volume-one.html

sorry not sure how to make it clicky :\

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I love love love this program. I love that it can work with all ages and goes in cronological order. We have the kids each read and do the activities as we go along. I borrow the first books from a friend and then invested in the whole program.  

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I really like that lapbook, but after looking through it, I think I want to make a Time Line Binder. I think Missie and Cole would BOTH be able to enjoy that. Missie wouldn't be as interested in a lapbook.

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I think I'm going to have to hunt down all of it, for sure. 8) How long have you been using it?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I love love love this program. I love that it can work with all ages and goes in cronological order. We have the kids each read and do the activities as we go along. I borrow the first books from a friend and then invested in the whole program.  

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM

This is our third year I believe. I got all of mine at Barnes & Noble with my educators discount during an educators week. Our local store has been stocking things based off what I buy. I find that hilarious. We also do the Writing with Ease books by the same author.  

Quoting mem82:

I think I'm going to have to hunt down all of it, for sure. 8) How long have you been using it?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Our B&N is too big to take too big of interest in what I buy. Darn it!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

This is our third year I believe. I got all of mine at Barnes & Noble with my educators discount during an educators week. Our local store has been stocking things based off what I buy. I find that hilarious. We also do the Writing with Ease books by the same author.  

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Oh ours is big but I host a fiber arts group in the cafe so everyone knows me. Plus I buy stuff constantly and it usually a custom order. I got them to start buying the games Talisman and Settlers of Katan as well.  

Quoting mem82:

Our B&N is too big to take too big of interest in what I buy. Darn it!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN