Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
How do you use Story of the World?
by mem82
February 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

If there workbooks that go with it? I got the volume one from the library. I thought it would be more text book -like. So what do you all do?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    I can't wait to see it. I am on mobile so I have to wait.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I also found this. It's a free lapbook that looks quite incredible to be honest.

http://runofthemillfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-world-lapbook-for-volume-one.html

sorry not sure how to make it clicky :\

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

clicky clicky clicky

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I also found this. It's a free lapbook that looks quite incredible to be honest.

http://runofthemillfamily.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-world-lapbook-for-volume-one.html

sorry not sure how to make it clicky :\

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I love love love this program. I love that it can work with all ages and goes in cronological order. We have the kids each read and do the activities as we go along. I borrow the first books from a friend and then invested in the whole program.  

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I really like that lapbook, but after looking through it, I think I want to make a Time Line Binder. I think Missie and Cole would BOTH be able to enjoy that. Missie wouldn't be as interested in a lapbook.

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I think I'm going to have to hunt down all of it, for sure. 8) How long have you been using it?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I love love love this program. I love that it can work with all ages and goes in cronological order. We have the kids each read and do the activities as we go along. I borrow the first books from a friend and then invested in the whole program.  

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM

This is our third year I believe. I got all of mine at Barnes & Noble with my educators discount during an educators week. Our local store has been stocking things based off what I buy. I find that hilarious. We also do the Writing with Ease books by the same author.  

Quoting mem82:

I think I'm going to have to hunt down all of it, for sure. 8) How long have you been using it?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Our B&N is too big to take too big of interest in what I buy. Darn it!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

This is our third year I believe. I got all of mine at Barnes & Noble with my educators discount during an educators week. Our local store has been stocking things based off what I buy. I find that hilarious. We also do the Writing with Ease books by the same author.  

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

• Rust.n.Gears
    February 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Oh ours is big but I host a fiber arts group in the cafe so everyone knows me. Plus I buy stuff constantly and it usually a custom order. I got them to start buying the games Talisman and Settlers of Katan as well.  

Quoting mem82:

Our B&N is too big to take too big of interest in what I buy. Darn it!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts