Homeschooling Moms

MamaDearie
Science?
February 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Which of these science curricula do you prefer? Please feel free to elaborate below.
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 0% - Noeo
  2. 0% - Singapore/My Pals Are Here
  3. 7% - Real Science for Kids
  4. 0% - R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey
  5. 92% - Other (Please describe below)

Replies

• TigerofMu
    February 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We don't live by Mardel either.  I save up for times when I know we'll be near one, like when we used to visit my folks when they were living in Texas, or when we would travel to Denver.  I've been to their stores in Colorado Springs, Littleton, Amarillo, Dallas (or is it Fort Worth?), and maybe Oklahoma City? On second thought, I don't think I'd discovered Mardel yet last time I was in Oklahoma City. 

But CBD is cheap, and they have $5 membership where they give huge discounts and send emails pretty much every day, so if you would buy other stuff there, it's worth it.  They just did a 5 year for 4 special, not sure if it's still going...We also buy stuff for our church, and I can get our Memoria Press and some other things, plus I have four sets of materials to buy, so I make up the $5 pretty quickly!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Thanks for the tip!   We don't live by a Mardels anymore  ((pout pout))... but I do check out their stuff online, too, and sometimes get back to Kansas City and visit family so we can actually go to the store.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I also wanted to mention, shop around.  There are several places where Apologia sells for quite a bit less than on their own site.  Sometimes you can catch a sale at Mardel, or cbd.com usually has good bargains.  It was actually cheaper there (cbd) than anything I found on ebay last week!

Quoting KrissyKC:

We've always just went with whatever was at hand.    I want to try switching to Apologia next year.

Anyone use this?

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    February 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I like Noeo, but I agree with the PP that I could put it together myself. Their TMs aren't that impressive.

My favorite thus far has been the Apologia Elementary series. We did Zoology 1 last year, Zoology 2 this year. We love the notebooking journals.

I also like HOD science, which is CM-style.

I have all three on my shelf for this school year. I love science.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts