Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
It's February! What is on the agenda for the month?
by mem82
February 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

What is happening in your neck of the woods? What are you learning? Where are you going?

Replies

• paris2lmp
    February 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

my son has a eye dr appt, blue and gold banquet for boyscouts and pinewood derby too, we are learning about dinosaurs and then picking our next subject, my birthday is this month too and my husband has a week of overnight shifts during valentines week.  Also we will start swim lessons and finally catch up with the bills from last month! :0)  Overall, mostly fun good stuff!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM

We just did the Pine Wood Derby and our Blue and Gold is on the 24th. 8)

Quoting paris2lmp:

my son has a eye dr appt, blue and gold banquet for boyscouts and pinewood derby too, we are learning about dinosaurs and then picking our next subject, my birthday is this month too and my husband has a week of overnight shifts during valentines week.  Also we will start swim lessons and finally catch up with the bills from last month! :0)  Overall, mostly fun good stuff!

• QueenCreole313
    February 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Our field trip will be to the African American museum for black history month. Science we are learning about the solar system. Math is always a mix of different skills.
  • BramblePatch
    February 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Not anything super special here. We are off from the 10th-15th because my uncle is coming to visit and we do not see him more than every few years. DS will continue his unit on dinosaurs and DD will finish up learning about the seasons.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    Hmmm, I don't know yet. Lol
  • Mommy2Phenley
    February 4, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    DD is 4. We're focusing on learning to read right now which she is thrilled about. In AWANA the Grand Prix races are next weekend. Valentines day is DD's favorite holiday so I'm trying to include lots of fun stuff with that. She's been making valentines for everyone in her dance class and cubbies.

The baby is 6 months and she's focusing on eating real food and starting to crawl! ;)
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    They sound adorable!

Quoting Mommy2Phenley:

DD is 4. We're focusing on learning to read right now which she is thrilled about. In AWANA the Grand Prix races are next weekend. Valentines day is DD's favorite holiday so I'm trying to include lots of fun stuff with that. She's been making valentines for everyone in her dance class and cubbies.

The baby is 6 months and she's focusing on eating real food and starting to crawl! ;)
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    February 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    Our biggest thing so far this month is in art. We have a field trip Wednesday to the art museum and then she has to hold an art exhibit, including finger foods, with all the art projects she's worked on so far.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I want to get my kids to the Columbus Museum of Art but we just haven't made it there, yet.

Quoting Dawn07:

Our biggest thing so far this month is in art. We have a field trip Wednesday to the art museum and then she has to hold an art exhibit, including finger foods, with all the art projects she's worked on so far.

• sheila5745
    February 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Well Tailer has appontment with the endo. Dr. tomorrow. I have a dr. app. on Wednesday (plus my BD) Valentines day, My dr. app. on the 16th and again on the 18th. Grandson's bd on the 25th, my son's BD on the 28th. Yuck I am going to be busy. The busier I am the faster Spring will come, right?? Hope the snow melts soon so I can get to physical therapy...

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts